Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
BuccoDroid

Re: Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

Post by BuccoDroid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:21 am

FTMSupport wrote:Email us at support@iscoresports.com with the old customer ID (or Activation Code) and new customer ID (found on Options screen in iScore) and we can activate the rosters for you. Be sure to do an Options -> Export on your new device to establish an account on our server.
Don't have the old customer ID unless you mean the Activation Code for the MLB Season Package. Is that what you need? Do have a customer ID for the re-install of the iScore App itself. Can you clarify please.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 am

That is what we are saying... if you do not have the Customer ID of your original install, then sending the Activation code is fine. We need you to do an Options -> Export from your new device to establish an account on our server, and email us the Activation Code and the Customer ID on the new device (found on Options screen in iScore) to support@iscoresports.com
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
BuccoDroid

Post by BuccoDroid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:08 am

FTMSupport wrote:That is what we are saying... if you do not have the Customer ID of your original install, then sending the Activation code is fine. We need you to do an Options -> Export from your new device to establish an account on our server, and email us the Activation Code and the Customer ID on the new device (found on Options screen in iScore) to support@iscoresports.com
Thanks for the info. I will be sending the Activation Code for my MLB Season Package along in a few days. The new phone is to arrive tomorrow and I want to get it working.
cjhuesman

Post by cjhuesman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 am

Do you have a picture or context diagram of how all these interact together?

Team site vs. host device vs. second device vs. third party device, etc.

I am a coach managing a youth team, could see this expanding to other coaches and our league. Also, the parents may get into this also. A picture would paint a thousands words on a complete integrated system diagram for the user community to understand.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 am

We do not have a diagram, but it is actually pretty straight forward. A team website can only be linked to a single device. Whenever that device exports, the team website is updated. If you have other devices that will be scoring for your team, you would have to use Data Sharing (http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _share.php) to copy the games to the device linked to the website, and do the export from that device.
mcastleman

Post by mcastleman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 am

I had to use my iPhone to score two games when my iPad battery expired.

1. i successfully shared the games back to the iPad...do i need to do anything else to confirm they are the same as all games on iPad

2. how do i get those games backed up to my iscorecentral?

3. third thing...i'm attempting an export from my iPad but it has been running for about 30 minutes (approx 20 games)...is that normal?

thanks
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 am

1. Not sure what you mean, but No, there is nothing to do once you transfer them over, other than maybe assign to the leagues you want.
2. Export
3. That is not normal. Sometimes takes several minutes, but not 30+ (more like 2-3).
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Hardballnut

Post by Hardballnut » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:21 pm

I recently purchased a new iPad3. I have had is ore for the last couple of years on the original iPad. I was under the impression that when I upgraded my pad and then downloaded the is core to the current v 3.51.160 that I would be able to view iscore in the landscape mode with some upgraded graphics. Do I have to repurchase iscore to get the new landscape graphics?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 pm

There is nothing different about iScore on the old iPad vs the new iPad. If you have not had landscape on your original iPad for the last couple of years, then it sounds like you have been running the iPhone version. You do not need to "repurchase" iScore, but the iPad version is a separate purchase from the iPhone version, so you may have to purchase the iPad version for the first time if you have never done that.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:01 pm

if you have been using iPhone version on iPad.. I highly recommend the extra $ to move to the iPad version.. if you are frequent user I am confident you will find well worth the money.. if nothing else for landscape mode and light skin. but i now love the pop out score card while you score.. (only on iPad version)
Hardballnut wrote:I recently purchased a new iPad3. I have had is ore for the last couple of years on the original iPad. I was under the impression that when I upgraded my pad and then downloaded the is core to the current v 3.51.160 that I would be able to view iscore in the landscape mode with some upgraded graphics. Do I have to repurchase iscore to get the new landscape graphics?