Doubled off first

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Tarski

Doubled off first

Post by Tarski » Fri May 13, 2011 7:48 pm

One out, runner on first. Soft popup to SS for out number two. Runner caught between first and second....did not tag up. SS throws to first to get out number 3. How to score?
Aimee

Re: Doubled off first

Post by Aimee » Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm

To score this as a double play ball:

Out
Location of ball
Soft
Popup
Touch fielders involved in the out - SS and 1B
What happened to runner at first?
Out, first, double play
efg

Post by efg » Wed May 25, 2011 10:32 am

New to scoring here, with the same question. When I try the suggested sequence, the fielding statistics appear to be correct but the scorecard shows the runner out on a force out. Is that correct? My impression is that the force is removed when the shortstop makes the catch.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 am

Welcome to the board.
Here is a good thread that goes into detail on this call. Slightly different scenario but the rules apply.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
efg

Post by efg » Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 pm

So the runner at first is not forced out in this case, correct? Because the batter is put out first, removing the force on the runner? How do I get iScore to record a non-force out on the runner in the scorecard, while still correctly noting the DP for the fielders?