Schedule displays in reverse order

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Soccer, please post it here.
lagerbor

Schedule displays in reverse order

Post by lagerbor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 am

how do i get my list of games to show in the order to be played rather than the order entered?

i entered my games working from first to last. my ipad displays the games from last to first. scorecast also shows them in this order. scorecast also will not allow me to scan the list of games so i can't get to the first game of the season, only the last 5.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Schedule displays in reverse order

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:28 am

In the app itself, we recommend not "pre-entering" your schedule. Wait until game day to create the game. When you are viewing the game list, you will want to see your most recently game played first. That is why we list the games in newest to oldest order. Three years from now you would not want to have scroll past all three years of games to see a game you played today. It only takes about 30 seconds to create a game on game day when the rosters already exist for teams, so there is really no advantage to entering the games early.

On the iScorecasts screen, it is the same thing. You want to see your most recent game first. There are arrows on the left/right of the iScorecast listing to "page left" or "page right" through all the games.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
lagerbor

Post by lagerbor » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 am

I would have assumed the program worked on a time line, past, present and future. Once a game has a result it would move to the past. iscore and iscorecast would show the next game and the schedule would keep track of upcoming games.

ie. program knows today's date. if I want to see games with results they would be listed in reverse order. If I wanted to see unplayed games they would be in upcoming date order.

in iscorecast, if there are 5 icons showing and you want to show past and current games, I would have thought the middle icon would be the current upcoming/active event, the 2 to the left would be the last 2 games and the 2 to the right would be upcoming events (call them promotions or reminders)

I also thought all games would be locked into a season. It would never have occurred to me there was a scenario where one has to scroll through 3 years of games to find anything.

I was trying to use this as a season management tool and I need to think of it more as nothing but a single game stat collector with the ability to compile season totals.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 am

Welcome to the board!

Your thought process is natural, I think I made some of the same suggestions in the past, like order of games based on if they are past or future. I think this something they could still look at.

I originally wanted to schedule all of my games in advance. However, I now strongly agree with FTM in not creating games ahead of time. For me the biggest reason is not even the order of how they show in app (though thats part of it). The main thing is roster changes (to a small degree) and even more so, lineup changes. Our roster wont change much if it all over the course of the season, but the lineup will fluctuate. Defensive alignment will vary based on who is pitching and the batting order will develop as the year goes on.

By creating games as I go, I can create games using the latest lineup or pick a lineup based on pitcher for that day by copying lineup to roster from that pitchers last game.
I also thought all games would be locked into a season. It would never have occurred to me there was a scenario where one has to scroll through 3 years of games to find anything.
Games dont get locked into a season automatically, but you can use league manager to accomplish this and make data management easier by filtering. So, yes, that can alleviate the problem of "scrolling through hundreds of games"
I was trying to use this as a season management tool and I need to think of it more as nothing but a single game stat collector with the ability to compile season totals.
It is first and foremost a scoring app. All the other things that it can do are supplemental to that. It can be used to do what you are asking, but may not be as flexible as you like because it's not its primary purpose.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!