Action Buttons

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Soccer, please post it here.

Do you use the Sub-Selections (Excellent, Good, or Bad) for more detailed stat collection?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1
soccerman

Action Buttons

Post by soccerman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 am

I have a suggestion for the buttons when selecting an action, I'll use Pass as an example, but it would apply to any selection with multiple sub-selections available (Pass, Goal, Throw In, Corner, and many others with the sub-selection of Excellent, Good, Bad).

Could the sub-selection items be activated via a master switch, like record path is? Then instead of having the little blue arrow the sub-selection (Excellent, Good, Bad) would instantly pop-up when an action is selected and the master switch is turned on. (I know you can turn on/off specific output stats so if choosing not to record Excellent, Good, Bad those columns can be left out, so the master on/off switch could also control the column selection for stat output as well).

Four our team we would like to track these sub-selections and we feel it is a good tool, but others might not and is probably why it's set up the way it is so they can just click pass and then move on. The issue I've ran into is that I need to go back and edit plays if I happen to just miss the blue arrow because my finger doesn't happen to land directly over it. In most cases there are a series of passes, or another action directly after a pass so going back to edit a pass due to the missed button push is sometimes hard to do until much later (not that it's hard to do, it's just very time consuming and perhaps unreliable if I go through a series of 5-6 give and go passes along with some dribbling or other actions and then have to find one of those to edit and remember if it was Excellent, Good, or Bad). So I think it would be better to just have the sub-selections come up with a single click and not relaying on an accurate arrow push in order to bring up the sub-selection.

Thanks for considering.
soccerman

Re: Action Buttons

Post by soccerman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 am

Another question relating to the sub-selections.

Is there a way to limit the Heat Map to display specifics when relating to the Excellent, Good, or Bad indicators? I don't remember seeing any when I looked last time. Perhaps color coding them, rather than having individual on/off switches for the Heat Map would be good if it doesn't have it already. (might be a high amount of background data though, not sure how much memory that would take to do)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 am

Both are good suggestions. We will add them to our enhancement list (we do not currently allow the heat map to filter by the good/bad indicators).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 am

Thank you, and is there a possible enhancement list that you share at all with users? I completely understand if you don't, but am curious to see what all is being worked on or what might be coming with the next update! :D
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:20 am

We do not keep a public copy, but do update it continuously based on user feedback and demand for various features / enhancements.
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 am

Thank you for the response, I didn't think that you had a public version but it doesn't hurt to ask ;)

After scoring a few more games I've had another thought on the use or possible streamlining of the sub-selections for categories that have them.

Suggestion: remove Excellent, then on the main selection screen simply put a + symbol on the left and a - symbol on the right of the button being used (keeping with my previous posts, we'll look at pass), so that once you click on a player and then want to push pass the pass button itself would show as { + }Pass{ - } , where + = good and - = bad or poor. I think that this would help speed up the process for those that use or plan to use those selections of Excellent, Good, and Poor. You could also look at it in terms of possession as well (at least I do), where when you click { + }Pass{-} it would help indicate where possession is maintained, and when you click { + }Pass{ - } it would help indicate where possession is lost as I don't remember an action button for possession won/lost (varsity coach keeps our iPad...so it's not in front of me atm). As for the removal of Excellent, a note could always be added to a selection if the user would like to notate something meaningful. My other thought on the use of Excellent would maybe be to add it to the shot screen, at least for my usage I think I would only use Excellent in that area (but that's just me I suppose :) ).

I'll try and get an image of what the button might look like with the +/- on it as seeing it other than my bad attempt using the {} might be helpful, and I'll work on a list of where I think this would be helpful and speed up the entry of stats for certain selections.

~~

There was one other thing that I was thinking about last night after our games, but have no idea if it would be feasible to even attempt to do in terms of stat collection, but could players be linked together on the main screen and then select an option, lets say pass, then if record path is on connect those paths together based on the players selected on the main screen.

Example in game: Player A receives ball and then passes to player B who one touches the ball to player c who again one touches back to player A who has moved down field.
In App process: Touch player A, B, and C at the same time or in a series holding down on the first player then when your first finger is released the Action Button list comes up. You select pass, then based on the number of players you selected you draw what happened on the screen.

Like I said though, I have no idea how you would accomplish that or if it would even be feasible to do it. It was just something that came to mind after our game last night.

Thanks again for your support and consideration on these suggestions.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Great suggestions - we will add them to our enhancement list.