Suggestions - Defense stats

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Soccer, please post it here.
soccerman

Suggestions - Defense stats

Post by soccerman » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:28 am

I would suggest that a couple minor wordings/descriptions get changed on here: http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.php?s=soccer

The first two might just be behind the scenes cosmetic changes, as I don't see a legend of those abbreviations when I do an export (unless I just missed it). But if they do show up on a label legend somewhere it might be more intuitive to use the suggested terms.

SV - change from 'Goals Saved' to simply Saves

BLK - change from 'Goals Blocked' to Blocked Shots

The third item I'm a little confused on is the 'OG - Own Goal (opponent made goal)' on the 'Offensive - Fielding' section and the 'MOG - Made Own Goal' on the 'Defense' section. I haven't recorded an own goal yet via the app, so maybe if I did a test of it it would explain it more. I would think the OG would only show up in one location and not both Offense and Defense sections. So, I guess I would suggest removing the MOG since in a score report it would only show as an OG.

Example:
Team XYZ vs Team ABC
Score: 2-1
Goals:
XYZ: Player #1,
ABC: Player #12, Player #5 (OG)

(or something along those lines when reading it in a scoring summary/news post, it's been awhile since I've seen it but I don't recall ever seeing MOG)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions - Defense stats

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Good suggestions... we have updated the legend. The next soccer update will includes those update labels as well.

With the OG and MOG, we need to track both sides of the equation (offensive + defensive), so that internal stats can balance out.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
soccerman

Re: Suggestions - Defense stats

Post by soccerman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

That makes sense on the OG and MOG, figured it was something simple I was missing.