Import error

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Soccer, please post it here.
soccerman

Import error

Post by soccerman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Do you have an example of a CSV file for column/row headings for importing data?

Here is where I'm coming from, I used a mock team (both home and away) then exported the CSV file to see what the data looked like. I then used this file to edit/update to the stats I have for actual players, which since the season is starting in a couple weeks all I have is zeros in the boxes other than player name and number. So it looks like this (names removed, and columns limited to the first 7 for ease of use here):

# Name MIN GP GS SB PTS
0 0 0 0 0 0
6 0 0 0 0 0
8 0 0 0 0 0
26 0 0 0 0 0

After I select the file on the web for import it converts it to these headings (each block is a column as the spacing is not keeping things nice and neat when previewing the post)

column 1
Map to

column 2
Name
name

column 3
GP
bat_game

column 4
SB
bat_sb

column 5
A
fld_assist

column 6
FC
bat_fc

column 7
SV
pit_save

column 8
last_nm
last_nm

column 9
first_nm
first_nm

......which I'm using soccer so not sure why it's converting to baseball type stats and might be related to the issue here, Create Team Website Not Working.

From here if I click "Import" it gives me the following error: Fatal error: Call to a member function execute() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/iscorecentral.com/httpdocs/my2/team_import_data.php on line 149

So any example someone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try and eliminate all columns except Name and Number and see what happens, hoping that this will simply import my roster an nothing else.
soccerman

Re: Import error

Post by soccerman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 pm

I was able to import my roster list just using the first two columns on the original CSV file, as it seemed to pick up on those two columns.

# Name
0 xyz
1 abc

which converted to this on the import screen:

column 1
-
Map to

column 2
Name
name

column 3
last_nm
last_nm

column 4
first_nm
first_nm

so that's a way I've been able to upload/import my roster, but would still like to know about that other items as far as converting to baseball.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

The importing of stats is for importing from external sources, and is currently only set to work with baseball.

If you want to just enter stats manually from historical data, you would do that by creating a mock game (as you have done), but then go to the Stats screen for the game, and tap any values you want to override.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 am

Why would you launch a new app with the same basic background and not update each aspect of it to correspond with that new app (sport). Seems lazy, especially since you've already built the stats database for soccer (or the other sports for that matter), as I can export the stats from the app to a CSV file, but yet you say the import of stats is only available for baseball.....

suggestion: don't launch an app and charge for it if it's not ready for full use you'll just discourage and turn you user base away to another fully functioning product. If it's not fully functional then put it out for free, get feedback, then once it's fully ready turn it over to a purchasable product.

Here's why your response makes no sense and is very irritating:
I'm using external data and if I can export from the program/app, and it will produce a report based on the stats taken during a game and in a format with all the heading/columns, then I should be able to turn around and use that same format to import data which would be based on those same parameters of data as exported, it would then be mapping back to the same fields....thus using stats I already have (external source) I could update the career stats for a player and then continued to update them using the iSoccer app. ---which I'm guessing is how baseball is set to work....and you just didn't bother to finish the process for the other sports before launching them.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 am

soccerman wrote:Why would you launch a new app with the same basic background and not update each aspect of it to correspond with that new app (sport). Seems lazy, especially since you've already built the stats database for soccer (or the other sports for that matter), as I can export the stats from the app to a CSV file, but yet you say the import of stats is only available for baseball.....

suggestion: don't launch an app and charge for it if it's not ready for full use you'll just discourage and turn you user base away to another fully functioning product. If it's not fully functional then put it out for free, get feedback, then once it's fully ready turn it over to a purchasable product.

Here's why your response makes no sense and is very irritating:
I'm using external data and if I can export from the program/app, and it will produce a report based on the stats taken during a game and in a format with all the heading/columns, then I should be able to turn around and use that same format to import data which would be based on those same parameters of data as exported, it would then be mapping back to the same fields....thus using stats I already have (external source) I could update the career stats for a player and then continued to update them using the iSoccer app. ---which I'm guessing is how baseball is set to work....and you just didn't bother to finish the process for the other sports before launching them.
Having used iScore products for years and been involved on this board for most of that time as well, I can assure you "lazy" would not be a word that accurately describes their efforts.

When the baseball app was first released it was not nearly as robust as it is now. It evolved over time based on user feedback and suggestions. New features are rolled out constantly.

With soccer being the newest version of the scoring apps, it is early on in that cycle. It will get better over time just as the other versions have. Constructive feedback from its users is invaluable and appreciated.

When you purchased the app, did it say that these features were included? To imply its not a fully developed scoring app because its doesn't have some secondary (to scoring a game) functionality, that it wasn't ever advertised as having, is not a fair assessment, in my opinion.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm

When you purchased the app, did it say that these features were included? To imply its not a fully developed scoring app because its doesn't have some secondary (to scoring a game) functionality, that it wasn't ever advertised as having, is not a fair assessment, in my opinion.
I never implied that it was an advertised feature but perhaps it was a miss interpretation of wording:

from iTunes
Game, cumulative team and individual player statistics are available and can be emailed in EXCEL, CSV, PDF and HTML formats. Coaches will never again have to spend hours trying to extract data from paper records just to see how their players performed
Which by your assessment would not be a fully functional scoring app since cumulative stats is something it does advertise. Because, maybe it's just me, but when you see this (iTunes quote) you think, hey this will be great at the end of the year when we are trying to figure out awards, all conference selections, or other stat related items this export thing will be great. Then you go to the web (my.iscorecentral) and see an import button and think, nice I can import old data and have it add to that. But then find it's only been added for one of the, four I think, apps. However, I do agree that it doesn't say anything about the website nor anything about importing on iTune.

I know that coding is a complex and long process, but if you have one product that has been developed over many years one would think that subsequent apps developed off the same general framework would include the robust features that have been upgraded, enhanced, or developed over the years to make those apps seem up-to-date with all other apps of that framework.

I thank you for your response mprusak and don't want to sound like I'm just bashing this app as it does have some nice features that we have enjoyed testing before our season starts this year. I was simply voicing my impression of the response.

Looking forward to what updates might come down the road.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:48 pm

No problem at all.

It was not my intent to come across as combative.

I think as you spend more time with the app and here on these boards, you will be impressed with the level of customer service the developers provide and just how much they listen to their user base to implement new functionality.

And, yes, the itunes verbiage is referring to outputting of stats that were scored within the app. This can be done now (I'm assuming, I dont have the soccer app, but cant image it cant).

That said, I would guess that more importing functionality will be made available in the near future, given that it exists for baseball.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 am

Thanks Mark,
I'll be sure to keep working with it and come back to post suggestions - Enhancement Requests - :D