How to view shot charts?

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Soccer, please post it here.
packerman11

How to view shot charts?

Post by packerman11 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 am

I cannot figure out how to view shot charts. I scored a couple test games, including the placement of shots and goals, but I can't figure out where to view the charts (a la the charts in iscore basketball).

Also, are the heat maps e-mailable? Or are the only viewable within the app itself?

I am the assistant coach for a U10 team, and have been using Soccer Dad for the last couple of years. I like it's ease of use, but I would like to start using something a little more powerful for stat collection, which is why I am playing around with iScore soccer. (I use iScore basketball pretty regularly and really like it. The stats generated, particularly the shot charts, are really useful visual teaching aids, which is I am particularly interested in switching to iScore soccer, especially for the shot charts and heat maps.)

Thanks for any info.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: How to view shot charts?

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 am

The Heat Map in soccer is the closest we have to a shot chart. If you turn the Arrows On, and filter to only the Shot events, would will get a shot chart. You can filter to single players or groups of players as you like (or can be whole team which is the default). We do not have an email option, but you can press the Home and Power button on the device to create a screenshot of the heat map, and then you can email that screenshot from your device.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:49 am

Is there something that differentiates a shot from a goal on the Heat Map, I can't seem to locate the difference when viewing it. If there is not, may I suggest that one be added? Maybe, a small ball icon or a different color indicator for a shot that resulted in a goal.

Also, as another suggestion, could there be a sub-category added to the Heat Map item selection menu for Goals? I didn't see one on there, just shots (and a slew of other categories, which is great to dig down into specifics!).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:38 am

We will look into ways to distinguish made shots from missed shots in a more obvious way in a future update. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
trumpetbob42

Post by trumpetbob42 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:30 am

I did notice that the placement of the ball on the goal DOES show up when viewing the iscorecast.

I agree, it would be nice to have a goal shot chart similar to the basketball shot map. You could have different colors to indicate misses, blocks, and goals.