Need Directions on how to sub

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Soccer, please post it here.
ddehoog

Need Directions on how to sub

Post by ddehoog » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 pm

I can not figure out the correct sequence to sub a player. I designate the starters and they are on the field. Then I hit Sub. Then I move the players from the bench to the field. I think that this is what I need to do but am not sure.

In the play by play game record drop down, it says substitution but does not show what player came out and what player came in. If I go to edit in the substitution event it shows a small field with the players and I can make the move there but it does not update on the main scoring screen or the game record. This is confusing. Players need to be identified in the game record for subs.

Also is there any way that minutes played can be shown in the app without having to print out the info?

Thanks,

David DeHoog
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Need Directions on how to sub

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 am

The correct sequence is to hit sub and then any changes you make until the next time sub is pressed is assigned to that previous sub.

Theres an explanation in the tutorial at http://iscoresports.com/soccer/training.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Substitutions are very easy to record. When a substitution occurs press the Sub button in the upper right. Any changes you then make to the players on the field will be assigned to the previous substitution event. This means that if you can't see who was substituted at the moment the substitution occurred it's not a problem. Simply put the new player on the field when you know who was substituted and the substitution and the player's playing time will be calculated from the point where the Sub button was pressed. A new substitution can be indicated with a new press of the Sub button.

Minutes played can be viewed in the Stats screens. If you are not seeing it by default, perhaps it is not selected in the stats to be viewed. From the stats viewing screen, tap the "gear icon" in the bottom right corner, and make sure there is a check mark next to the "MIN" stat to display it. You can also rearrange the order of the columns from there if you would like.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
soccerman

Post by soccerman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 am

Just want to verify something with Subs if I can. I entered a substitution but realized I missed a player a couple minutes later so I clicked the Sub button to open the bench and then changed the player I missed. What I should have done is pushed the Bench button to open the bench and then changed the player. Can I go back now (a few days later) and simply delete the miss-pressed Sub entry from the event log and it will revert the player change to the previous Sub (and all data after that point)?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Yes, that should work.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs