Discovery of Team from MaxPreps - 2nd Year in a Row

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
kesposito

Discovery of Team from MaxPreps - 2nd Year in a Row

Post by kesposito » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Hello,
I am trying to "Discover" several teams from MaxPreps for my current season. I used iScore football last year and had no problem doing this and found it very useful. However, this year, any time I try to discover a team that we have previously played, I get an error saying the team already exits on my device. For example, last year I have all my teams named with the year in the name, "Paloma Valley Varsity 2013." When I try to "Discover" the team for the 2014 season, the error says that the team already exists on my device with the name of the 2013 team and wants to UPDATE that 2013 roster, rather than creating one for 2014.

How do I force iScore to create a NEW team during Discovery and not attempt to update last year's teams? FYI, I have UNCHECKED last year's "league" to which last year's teams are assigned.

Here is a similar thread I found in the baseball forum, but this answer is not satisfactory. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9317&view=previous" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your help. Our first game is tonight and I need to get this fixed asap.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Discovery of Team from MaxPreps - 2nd Year in a Row

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Posting same response here that we sent to your email request with the same question in case others have this question as well...

It would depend on whether you wish to keeps last year's player stats with the team so that you can view combined years or if you want to start fresh with a brand new team this year.

If you want to start fresh, create a new team in Team Manager called "My Team 2013" or whatever you like for the name of last years team. Press the Merge button at the bottom of the Team manager screen and select the newly created team on the left (very important), and the team from last year on the right. Press Merge in the upper right, and now last years team will have a completely different internal identifier and you will be able to use Discover to load a brand new team from this year.

If you want to keep the players year to year, then after you use Discover to merge the players from last year with the players from this year, go into your team roster and select each player who graduated last year and set the Inactive/Active switch to Inactive in the player Info screen. When Inactive, the players' year to year stats will still show up for the team but they won't be added to the lineup of new games you create.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs