Score casting "failed to retrieve data" error

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
wilsona

Score casting "failed to retrieve data" error

Post by wilsona » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 am

Hi there,

I bought the app for the scorecasting abilities and I set it all up and I have a game I need to test it this afternoon. Last night, the night before, and even this morning it doesn't work either by entering the device ID (game doesn't show up), or by iscoretv.com , when I select the game for viewing, it simply says "failed to retrieve data from server". it does this for every football game, but baseball and basketball games are functional and work for me. What am I doing wrong?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Score casting "failed to retrieve data" error

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 am

To use iScorecast, first be sure you have iScorecast enabled on the Options screen in iScore. Second, be sure you have an internet connection from your device.

If you have already created a game, go to Game Manager, select the game, and select the "iScorecast Synchronize" option. This will send all game data to the iScorecast server for that game. (NOTE: This is not required if iScorecast is enabled and you have an internet connection prior to scoring the game.)

Prior to scoring any games for a device, you will get an error in iScorecast that no data exists. Prior to actually scoring any events for a game, you will get an error message about no data being available if you try and view the iScorecast. Once you begin scoring the game, everything should work fine.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs