How to record a bad snapv

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
joertel

How to record a bad snapv

Post by joertel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:37 pm

One of the problems I am running in to is how to record a bad snap both on offense and special teams..

It is not a fumble and it is not a rushing loss given to one player, it is a team rush loss.

So QB in Shotgun, snap goes over QB's head, he falls on 15 yards back. What I have now done is create a player 99 for team rush.

Any ideas or can you put a fix in? In high school this happens sometime once a game, or for me last week 6.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: How to record a bad snapv

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

According to NCAA rules, this is considered a fumble:

SECTION 15—WILD PASS FROM CENTER
Any loss resulting from an obvious wild pass from center is charged to “Center Pass” and not to any individual player. Team A is charged with a team rush, the loss and a fumble.
Any gain resulting from a wild pass from center is recorded as though the wild pass had not occurred.

The proper way to record this in iScore would be, tap Run on the main scoring screen, tap the icon that says Handoff in the Play Entry screen, select Fumble, tap the ball, select Own Recover.

iScore is currently calculating the stats according to NFL rules for this type of play and assigning the stats to the selected player rather than the team. We will fix this issue for an upcoming release. In the meantime you can select "Unknown" player for the play so that the stats are not assigned to a specific player but are calculated in the totals.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs