Game Clock and Fake Punt for football app

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
ruebusch

Game Clock and Fake Punt for football app

Post by ruebusch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am

I just got the app and used it for my first game yesterday and loved it. I didn't however see an option for a fake field goal. Maybe I missed it, but if not an option for that would be helpful. Also, the game clock just seems to run or not run with no good reason for both. If i double tap the clock and adjust it then hit done, it would be nice if the clock didn't start up again until i told it to. Also, if you could make it when you drag the offensive player out of bounds and the clock would stop that would be awesome. I also noticed that sometimes when there is a penalty for example on an extra point and the penalty yards are added to the kick off there is no option for that. Another thing would be to have Time Out buttons right on the game screen. One more suggestion would be to make the players name accessable in the roster during the game. What I mean by this is, during a game, if i was to click on the players name it would give me his stats in a small little window. To add to this, if I go to team stats, make it where only the players with stats are on the screen, not the whole team. If you are dealing with football that could be upward to 100 players on the screen that you have to scroll through to find. Thanks again. I am a producer for Time Warner Cable Sports and this makes our stats guys job so much easier. I look forward to hearing what you think about my suggestions.

Mike
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game Clock and Fake Punt for football app

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Fake Field Goal is not really a "statistic". The play would be whatever actually took place on the field (pass, run, etc). You can enter a note on the play if you would like people watching the iScorecast to know it was a fake field goal, but it is not actually a statistic that would be tracked.

We have spent a lot of time optimizing the clock stop/start for most rules. We have a setting in options where you can tell the clock to stop on FD or not. If you mark a player as going Out of Bounds on a play, the clock DOES stop. It will resume when you enter the next play.

You can manually start and stop the clock by single tapping it at any time. Double tapping the clock allows you to enter a time out or make any clock adjustments you need.

If you can email us at support@iscoresports.com with a specific example of a penalty that you were not able to enter during an extra point, we would like to see it. As far as we know, we have all situations covered. If you can do an Options -> Export of your data before emailing and include your customer ID, we can look at your specific situation.

For the stats during a game, you can tap on the left/right sides of the screen to see the most common offensive / defensive / special teams stats at a glance. While viewing an iScorecast, you can tap any player and see their statistics for the game in a popup. This type of thing is not included in the actual scorekeeping as it really does not change what the scorekeeper is doing. The scorekeeper is tracking the game, a viewer of the iScorecast is watching the game, so it makes sense that the iScorecast viewer would want to see the statistics, and the scorekeeper is really focused on entering plays.

We may switch the stats view to look more like the emailed stats in the future where 0's are displayed as hyphens so it is easier to spot who actually has stats.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 am

One suggestion I would have for in-game stats on the main data entry screen is to include team totals for passing, rushing, and receiving and not just the totals by individual.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am

We will add this to our enhancement list. Thank you.
ruebusch

Post by ruebusch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks for the great input I think it will help. As for the fake field goal, the option for the pass or run is not in the window when you click "KICK" I understand that this is a different type of play but when the team lines up for a field goal during a game the ISCORE operator doesn't know it's going to be a fake so they have the "KICK" play button selected. If there was an option to click on the kicker and the list of plays comes up just as it would if you click on the quarterback that would be great. Then if you select pass a receiver would appear on the field or a running back if you chose a run play. Just an idea.

Mike
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 am

Thank you for the idea Mike - we will add it to our list as well.