Various Product Improvements

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
Vandy16Duval

Various Product Improvements

Post by Vandy16Duval » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:47 am

Once again, I am extremely impressed with IScore and there products. Our program is 2/3 of the way done through our regular season (6-0 by the way!) and myself, the coaching staff, the administration, and the local media outlets have given us nothing but praise for all of the details that your program provides.

With all of that said, here are a few things that I think would improve an already great service.

1A) A Simplified Scoring Summary: While the current summary is good, if we send the pdf file to the media, it would be clearer if we just had the ballcarrier yardage gained to the endzone instead of the current system. Also would like to include time remaining in the quarter as well.

Example: #7 Colton Shirack hands the ball off at the >30, #35 Daniel Durant runs the ball from the >29 and carries the ball into the endzone.

Simplified:
Q1 9:02 - 27 yard TOUCHDOWN run by #35 Daniel Durant. 2 POINT CONVERSION GOOD (Run by #7 Colton Shirack)
Q2 7:09 - 40 yard TOUCHDOWN pass from #7 Colton Shirack to #81 Josh Burdine. 2 POINT CONVERSION NO GOOD (Run by #35 Daniel Durant)

1B) A situation last week came into play where our opposition fumbled the ball at the 1, and then was recovered by us in the endzone for a touchdown. While the game play didn't miss a beat, the Scoring Plays did not include this.

2) Touchdown's Called Back: I have read on this forum where there was a question regarding a situation where a touchdown was called back, but the score had already been added. I have been able to get around this by deleting the play and then adding the penalty in and continuing on within the 45 seconds to a minute before the next play starts.

3) Scorecast Improvements: The baseball scorecast is amazing. I have a Sports Information Director wanting to use the Baseball Program because the Scorecast is better than the program he currently uses. However, I feel that the football scorecast is lacking in the same comprehensive data. If you could limit the cast to just one page like the Baseball program, I think it would be a major upgrade. You could very easily integrate the main scoring screen that we are using and have current game stats as well as season stats on that page. The play-by-play is good on the bottom, but I feel that you don't need to have a big field with players and where they were on the field, etc. Make is similar to the baseball cast screen, and it would be simply amazing!

Thank you again for the tremendous product. I think this is the leader in statkeeping on any platform. It would be a major advantage for you if you could break into the college market (if you haven't already). Any files or comments you would like, please feel free to get in touch with me!

RVDC
vandy16_duval@yahoo.com
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Various Product Improvements

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. We will likely be creating a more simplified "media box score" in an upcoming release.

For 1B - if you can do an Options -> Export and email us your customer ID (found on Options screen) to support@iscoresports.com and let us know which game and play it is, we can take a look as to why it is not included on scoring plays.

3. Thank you for the suggestions on the iScorecast - we are always looking for suggestions for improvement.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs