Stats PDF - Scoring Summary

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
pmorey

Stats PDF - Scoring Summary

Post by pmorey » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 am

Good morning!

After games, I send the PDF stats to the local media as this seems to be the most useful. However, one BIG complaint they have is that the scoring summary (one of the key things they use for publication) does not give the true yardage of scoring plays.

For example, a scoring play from this week shows:

"#10 (Player) drops back to the > 23 and throws a pass completion. #36 (Player) carries the ball to the endzone."

From the scoring summary they have no way to know that the line of scrimmage was the 20 so this was actually a 20 yard scoring pass. They could look it up in the play by play to find the LOS, but they often do not have the time or inclination to look up each score.

Thanks, we do love your app!

Pete
Hooperjd

Re: Stats PDF - Scoring Summary

Post by Hooperjd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 am

I agree. In fact the media we send our reports to just reports the yardage incorrectly, using the yard line reported in the "scoring plays" report. Using your example, the scoring play would be reported a 23 yard touchdown pass. It would be great if the report actually read -
"#10 (Player) drops back from the line of scrimmage at the 20 and throws a pass completion. #36 (Player) carries the ball to the endzone."

or for running plays -
"#10 (Player) runs the ball from the line of scrimmage at the 20 and carries the ball to the endzone."

or -
"#10 (Player) hands off the ball to #33 (Player) who runs the ball from the line of scrimmage at the 20 and carries the ball to the enzone."

I believe this should be corrected in the "play by play" report as well.

I realize that the desire is to accurately show what is happening in Scorecast and I support that. However, I think the written reports "scoring plays" and "play by play" need to use the line of scrimmage as the reference point for each play.

Great app and I really like the continued improvement and response to suggestions!

Jim
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Stats PDF - Scoring Summary

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:09 am

We have added the yards gained / lost to each play in the play by play summary for the next release (awaiting Apple's approval).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs