Iscorecast in IE 9

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
caged1

Iscorecast in IE 9

Post by caged1 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Great new product! Still getting used to it after hundreds of games already done with the baseball versions.
I have noticed an issues with the scorecast in IE 9. It seems to hang on the opening screen without the "Enter Customer ID" pop-up coming up. I tried with both pop-up blockers on and off. It will show up, oddly enough, if I select Help->About but have to repeat the process for the next screen to show. I don't have this issue with Firefox or Chrome.
I've tried it on a couple different PC's and had another person try it too. Wondering if it's just an IE 9 issue?

Also, is there a way to replay the game or start the game from the begining after it's conclusion? Without hitting previous play over and over?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Iscorecast in IE 9

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:50 am

We have now fixed the IE9 thing (we think IE8 may have been effected as well). The issue is a "drawing" library we were using that would hang while it was determining the capabilities of the browser.

We have also made it so if you add &replay=1 to the URL of the game, it starts at the beginning of the game instead of the end.

fyi... the IE viewing experience is not quite as good as other browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome). There was a time that IE was the top browser, but now it is nothing but a list of exceptions to the way standard HTML / CSS / DOM is supposed to work. We have done our best to make it consistent with the other browsers, but there are still things that it can not quite do right.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
caged1

Re: Iscorecast in IE 9

Post by caged1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:40 am

I see that it works now, thanks! I prefer Firefox and pretty much anything else to IE 9 too but, as you know, most novice users still use IE. I'm afraid we are stuck with it.
BTW, I do really like that it works good in Safari/Ipad too!