Comments/suggestions after second week

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
Hooperjd

Comments/suggestions after second week

Post by Hooperjd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Wow! So many big improvements in both the live scoring and the reporting. Thank you! And thank you for getting v1.1 out in time for Friday night's game.

I just noticed one small issue in the live scoring. In situations where the ball went over to the other team on downs, in other words, one team went for it on 4th down and failed, the ball would change possession and direction however, the down did not change to 1st and 10. Instead it would say 4th and 10.

I also have a couple of requests for reporting I wish you would consider.

First, would you please include the play by play report as an option to be emailed with the other reports.

Second, the scoring drive charts that are included in the PDF are fantastic! It would really be helpful to us if on the drives that end in a score you could include not only "touchdown" or "field goal" but also included a short description of the play for example "touchdown on pass from #12 to #4" OR "touchdown on run by #35". For field goals or extra points something like "extra point kick by #8". This is exactly the information we have to email or phone to the local newspaper for publication in the paper and on their web site. (it would be really nice to just email them the PDF report with the iScore Sports logo at the top!)

Finally, thank you again for all your hard work. You have really created a nice product that has taken football stat keeping to the next level!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Comments/suggestions after second week

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

With the series ending on downs, it looks like this happens if the final play on 4th and XX is an incomplete pass. We will have this fixed for the next update.

Thank you for the reporting feedback as well. We will see what we can do. One option on the Play by Play would be to send people the URL to the iScorecast which has the complete Play by Play listing (as well as a Drive Chart as well). You can also copy/paste the complete play by play from the iScorecast.

We will see what we can do with the "description" of the scoring plays for a future release as well.

Please keep the feedback coming... thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks. I'll give the cut and past a try for the play by play report. This was a request by one of the coaches. There are two problems with trying to cut this from iScorecast. Biggest issue is that we play in some pretty rural places and don't always have Internet access. I think that effects iScorecast. For example the play by play for the most recent game uses "unknown player" for every play. Even if that worked, the other issue might be that the plays are listed last to first. That may not matter to the coach. I am not sure how he planned to use the report.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:51 pm

If the iScorecast missed anything because of internet connectivity, you can go to Game Manager, select the game, and select i-ScoreCast Synchronize when you have a good internet connection to re-send all of the events up to the iScorecast server. This idea is just a workaround until we come up with something better. We will add emailing of the play by play (or at least the scoring plays as you requested) ASAP.
pmorey

Post by pmorey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to email stats to a group of emails that have been entered. It looks like we are confident enough to start reporting stats from iScore directly to the media. It would be great if I could send once to a list instead of having to send individually.

Certainly not a high priority but would be nice.
pmorey

Post by pmorey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:53 am

Also, is there a way to sync or copy games from one iPad to another if the app is installed on both? For example, if I use iPad A one week and iPad B another week, is there a way to combine to keep the season stats current?
pmorey

Post by pmorey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:57 am

Sorry, I keep going in this thread because these are all thoughts that popped up after our second week! Could you give me an idea of the data usage involved in ScoreCasting? Many sites I would have to use my phone as a hotspot and don;t want to rack up usage charges without knowing it.

Thanks!
pmorey

Post by pmorey » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:09 am

Is there a way to generate season stats in a format similar to the emailed game stats, especially the summary information. Improvements to the game PDF are amazing BTW!

Thanks again!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:23 am

For emailing to multiple users, put a space between each email address.

For scoring from multiple devices using the same data, use Data Sharing. Here is a document describing Data Sharing in iScore Baseball, but it works the same for iScore Football:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _share.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The iScorecast data usage for a single game will vary based on a number of factors (how many plays occur, how many players you keep on the rosters, etc), but will generally be in the 150Kb - 300Kb range for each game.

Season stats are email-able from the Team Manager screen for each team. Tap Stats there, and you should be able to send emails.