Youth football enhancements

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
bashton

Youth football enhancements

Post by bashton » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Loving the app, but like some others I need to be able to tweak a few things to work for youth football.

1. Quarter length. I see the ability to change the length, but when I do, the game will never actually conclude. It will say 'game over' but wont actually close out the game. If I exit and re-enter the clock starts back over somewhere in the 4th quarter.

2. Field length. Again, I can set it to 60 yards, but the field image and calculations are still based on a 100 yard field.

3. Total number of plays. This one might be a bit more difficult, but is the main stat I need to track during a game. Each boy must play 15 plays so I need to be able to identify who is in on each play and quickly be able to see the total number of plays on the stats sheet.

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to future improvements.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Youth football enhancements

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:34 pm

For #1, it is bringing the clock to the point of the last recorded play. It does not hurt anything, but we see it is confusing. We will make it so once a game is over, this does not happen.

For #2, we will be adding the setting of field lengths and making all calculations based on whatever you set the length to in an upcoming release as well.

For #3, it is actually very challenging to try and track all the players on the field. We have tried to make it so you intentionally do NOT have to try and do this, but we understand there are some youth league rules where each player must play in a minimum number of plays. Usually this would be tracked by a dedicated person (possibly someone different than the scorekeeper), but we will try and come up with a way to track the players on the field in the quickest way we can. We found that with basketball, it is difficult enough to try and track just 5 players on each team when they come out of a timeout... that difficulty will be multiplied with football where players may be changing on every play, and you are trying to track 11 players (or 7 or 8 or whatever your league happens to be using).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bashton

Re: Youth football enhancements

Post by bashton » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to the updates. I can see your point on tracking all the players on the field. We implemented your suggestion at our game Saturday to have a dedicated person tracking the number of plays each youth played via paper and it worked well. Thanks again for the fantastic support.