Game summary stats needed

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
Hooperjd

Game summary stats needed

Post by Hooperjd » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 am

Could we get some game summary stats in a single table that show totals for both teams in a side by side comparison. In other words, summary information that may be used as a quick assessment of the teams performance after the game by the coach or information that would be called in to the local paper or posted on a web site. For example, number of first downs rushing-passing-penalty, 3rd and 4th down efficiency, yards rushing, passing completions-attempts, yards passing, passing touchdowns-interceptions, total offense, time of possession, total plays, fumbles-lost, penalties-yards, sacks-yards,punts-avg yards...Thanks for considering.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game summary stats needed

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 am

The stats reports we are already creating should be including many of those things (passing first downs, rushing first downs yards rushing, passing completions, passing attempts, yards passing, passing touchdowns, etc). We do not currently have 3rd and 4th down efficiency numbers, but that could be interesting.

Is your concern here more the format of the data being presented? Do you have an example URL or image of a report you would like to see? You can email it to us directly at support@iscoresports.com, or post it here... either way would be helpful.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:16 am

The example you requested has been sent in e-mail to support@iscoresport.com

This is an example of a typical side by side team comparison game summary.

Here is an example from your own (ESPN) web site from last nights NFL preseason game. Look specifically at the "Team Stat Comparison"

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310822019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think most football stat programs generate this kind of output. I put them in the email but won't mention them here. You can also check their web sites for more examples.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Thank you, we got your sample. When you say "your own (ESPN)", we do look there a lot for reference material, but the actual developers are Faster Than Monkeys (aka iScore Sports), and we do not have access to their (ESPN) developers. We do it all on our own. :)
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Sorry. Don't know who does the work or how you do it, but you do a great job! Thanks!
pmorey

Post by pmorey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:57 am

I would second the request for 3rd and 4th down efficiency.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 am

We will be adding 3rd and 4th down efficiencies. We have already updated the PDF to include several of Hooperjd's suggestions. You can send yourself the PDF for a game right now and see the additions. We will be adding more to that PDF soon, and more will appear with the v1.1 update that is awaiting Apple's approval.
pmorey

Post by pmorey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 am

Excellent!

Purchasers already know but for the lurkers out there, as a user of both the basketball and football apps, I am still amazed at how responsive you guys are in continually improving and updating your products!

Thanks!
Hooperjd

Post by Hooperjd » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am

Agree. It is really refreshing to find a company that is so responsive to it's customers.
Weas

Post by Weas » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Is there anyway this PDF file could be previewed during a game?

Most games that I score, WiFi isn't available, so even emailing it to myself at half time won't really work.

I'd rather see a sheet like that [the PDF file, like ESPN's football boxscore] than the "spreadsheet" look of the stats currently.

It'd be a bonus if team stats would be available on the main scoring screen in addition to "roster", "offense", "defense".

And +1 for the addition of third and fourth down efficiency.