Game Time Options

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
LittleLeagueMom

Game Time Options

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:21 am

Most youth football leagues in Colorado use # of plays to determine a game instead of time...any chance of adding that option? Any work around suggestions in the meantime?

I am sure the rules vary from league to league and it would be impossible for you to define "a play" that works for everyone so, maybe it would be best to have a play counter button that keeps a tally on the screen by the score (possibly even instead of the time)? That would allow the user to control whether or not a play is an official play. If the set-up doesn't allow the user to set a specific number of plays for a quarter, we could we manually change the quarter in the "Down Info" window, right?

So you understand what I am dealing with, here is a summary of our rules...

-- # of plays per quarter varies based on age group -- 2nd-4th graders are 20, 5th-6th are 24 plays...older kids go by time

-- point after attempts, or when both sides penalized and any penalties (unless refused by opponent) do not count as plays.

Not really a "Football Fan" or and certainly not a Football Scoring Pro so this season ought to be very interesting! Thanks for developing a program so I can at least give it a try...and maybe even learn to like this game!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game Time Options

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

For now, the way to do this would be to directly edit the Down Info like you mentioned. You can change quarters whenever the referees say it is time to change quarters. We will start thinking about other ways of handling this, and if other users start requesting this method of scoring as well, we will move it up on our priority list for enhancements. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
danmcc

Re: Game Time Options

Post by danmcc » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:28 am

I just recently started tinkering with this app and as has been the case with your Baseball and Basketball you've done a fantastic job.

A couple of thoughts on this one.

1. Let the clock run to close to the end of the quarter, tap it to stop the clock, when the play count expires then tap it to run out and change quarters.

2. Future enhancement, Misc. end quarter, similar to baseball misc. end inning.