A few requests

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
cschutte

A few requests

Post by cschutte » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:16 am

I apparently put this under the wrong heading, FAQ instead of Enhancements, but these will greatly help us if there is any time left to look at these.

Why does a second tick off the clock for every PAT? We fix this after every touchdown. It is quite annoying. I understand it is just a second but we are trying to be as accurate as possible since the information is published in the paper and on websites for the public to see.

What is the best way to score a kick off out of bounds penalty when the team takes the ball at the 35? I ended up just removing the flag and leaving the ball out of bounds. When I do that, the penalty does not show up.

We tried to do the Simulcast this year for a game and one of the complaints was the user wasn't able to see the stats as the game progressed. Is there a way to get those to show or can an enhancement be made?

Also, our team runs a hook and ladder play. I have tried entering the play correctly, however, I have been unsuccessful. From what I've seen, read, and heard, on a hook and ladder play, the receiver should get credit for the yardage to the point he catches the ball and the player he pitches to should get credit for any yardage beyond that. Every way that I've tried to enter this information, all the yardage goes to the receiver that catches the ball. I am using the NCAA scoring rules.

Thanks,
Chad
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: A few requests

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 pm

1) We will investigate why a second is advanced during a PAT play.
(Update) We have tested entering a PAT play and the clock is not changing. Please make sure you are updated to the newest version available in the app store as this may fix your issue.

2) Tap on the kicker and select "Out of Bounds" for the action. Then you can move the football to the 35 yardline. There is no penalty assessed in that case:

According to the Official NCAA Football Statistics Rules

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/Stats_Man ... 2014ez.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Section 8 Article 4
A.R. 4. Team A kicks off from its 35. The ball travels between
Team A’s 45-yard line and Team B’s one-yard line and goes out
of bounds before touching any member of Team B. Team B has
these options: accepting a five-yard penalty from the previous
spot with Team A kicking from its 30-yard line; putting the ball
in play at Team B’s 35-yard line; or accepting a five-yard penalty
from the spot where the ball went out of bounds. There is no
penalty assessed if Team B elects to put the ball in play at its 35-
yard line. No return is recorded in any of these options.

3) We have not had another report of stats not being available during a scorecast and we have not seen a problem ourselves, but if you can provide us with an example of the probelm, we will investigate.

4) From the main scoring screen tap Pass. It will show three icons "Pass Complete", "Run" and "Tackle". Tap the Run icon and select "Lateral". Tap the name of the player who made the reception and tossed the lateral. Now tap the icon that says "Touch to Select", Select Run and select the name of the player who received the lateral. Move the final icon to the place where he ran. When you view the "Receiving" stats you will see that the first player has yards to the point of the lateral and the second player has yardage from there forward.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ecamp02

Post by ecamp02 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 pm

On the out of bounds advice. Would this not mess up the kicking stats? Saying that the ball went out at the 35 when it didn't? Or am I missing something?
cschutte

Post by cschutte » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:20 pm

When someone is watching the scorecast on a computer, is there a way for them to see the total stats for the game? I know they can click on a player to see that players stats, but is there anyway they can see the overview? We have radio broadcast that would like to use the official stats on the radio. Also, if I go back and fix a play, I noticed that it does not update a players stats when you click on them. Is that correct?

Our customer ID is 2898B5A586.

Thank you for your time.,
Chad
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:20 pm

The only "box scores" / "total stats" are available after the game on the device itself. You can email those stats or purchase an optional Team Website for sharing them on a webpage.

Editing a play should update the stats of the player on the next "refresh" of the data. Can take up to 30 seconds from the time the edit is made. That being said, there are times that occasionally you would have to go back to the Game Info screen and choose the "iScorecast Synchronize" option to force all data back up to the server if there was a ripple effect of the change on the player's stats.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs