fumbled punt snap , recover and kick

If you are having an issue or have an idea for an enhancement to iScore Football, please post it here.
jmathey

fumbled punt snap , recover and kick

Post by jmathey » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Hey Guys,

Just ran into a play I'm at a loss on how to enter, punter tries to field the snap, he fumbles it back and loses 15 yards, he is able to recover it, then kick it before he is tackled, I gave him a fumble then an own recover, but there doesn't seem to be an option to kick it after the recover.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: fumbled punt snap , recover and kick

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:26 am

From our reading of the rules on this, it would not be a fumble. If it is a bad snap that the punter was able to recover and make the punt, it is entered as a punt for the team (i.e. you would not select a player as doing the punting - the distance is charged to the team).

If it is a good snap that the punter muffs, recovers, and still gets the kick off, it is not good execution, but it is still just entered as a punt.

If you have official information that differs from the above, we would love to see it, but searching the official statisticians guides, this seems to be the way(s) it would be handled.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs