Holding penalty

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Football, this is probably the best place to start.
Thomsonpro

Holding penalty

Post by Thomsonpro » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 pm

How is a holding penalty scored when the RB has a big run and is called back due to a hold? How should that be scored?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Holding penalty

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 am

You would select Run from the main scoring screen, enter where the RB was eventually tackled, tap Penalty, tap the penalty marker, select Holding and which player was charged with holding, drag the marker to where the penalty occurred, and drag the ball attached to the penalty marker to the point the ball will be placed.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ecamp02

Post by ecamp02 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 am

I have a follow up to that original question. I use the app to score high school football and most of the holding penalties are spot fouls (10 yards from the flag). If the runner advances the ball 15 yards but the team still nets a gain of 5 after the holding penalty - I usually hit accept on the penalty and the runner gets credited for the yards to the flag. Now if the team loses yards because of the penalty, I have been selecting "nullify play" so that the penalty yards count but the runner does not lose yards personally. Am I using the "nullify play" option correctly or should I be using "accept" in these cases? This is my first year scoring, and these spot fouls are hard, I would appreciate any feedback.

Also when recording the penalty, after I select "holding" for example, is it possible to somehow drag the flag and ball together. I usually drag the ball and then go back and need to drag the flag so that it = 10 yards.

Thanks again for the help.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:37 pm

We have tested these situations in IScore, and they work correctly when using the "Accept" option according to College Football Scorekeepers guidelines (which generally match High School rules). According to Section 14 Article 2 AR 1 the runner gets the yardage when you use accept. Section 14 Article 3 AR 1 the runner is not charged with a rush when you use accept.

For now, you can move the marker to the correct spot before choosing the action and then the ball will be placed with the correct yardage after you choose the action. We do however, intend to provide a way to move the ball and marker together in the future.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs