Max Preps compatibility question

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Football, this is probably the best place to start.
WildcatObserver

Re: Max Preps compatibility question

Post by WildcatObserver » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 pm

FTM actually, i just re-exported the file and downloaded the stats file. Seemed to work.
kesposito

Post by kesposito » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:32 pm

I am having the same issue. After importing stats from iScore Football into MaxPreps, every player shows in every category. They just have zeros next to their names. The coach keeps telling me that none of the other schools that he looks at in MaxPreps appear this way. He thinks its very frustrating to try to review the individual stats this way.

It it something in the export where each player is having "zeros" exported, rather than "null" values in each field that does not apply to their play?

How can I fix this retroactively for the previous 4 games, as well as going forward?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 pm

We have made a modification to now send an "empty value" to MaxPreps when the value is 0. See if things now look the way you are expecting.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
caged1

Post by caged1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

I just uploaded mine and went back and re-uploaded the stats.txt files from the previous games. It takes about a hour for MaxPreps to refresh the player stats but they are now showing correctly. In other words, only the players who have rushing attempts show up under the Rushing, only players that have a passing attempt show up under Passing, etc.

Well done, as usual, FTM and thanks!
kesposito

Post by kesposito » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:33 am

caged1 wrote:I just uploaded mine and went back and re-uploaded the stats.txt files from the previous games. It takes about a hour for MaxPreps to refresh the player stats but they are now showing correctly. In other words, only the players who have rushing attempts show up under the Rushing, only players that have a passing attempt show up under Passing, etc.

Well done, as usual, FTM and thanks!
I was having the same issue, and after emailing with the support department, I re-downloaded the .txt files and then re-uploaded them to MaxPreps. When I did that, all my stats were really messed up. Some players still had lines and lines of zeros, some players stats were assigned to different players and a lot of stats were simply missing. It took hours to fix manually.

When you re-imported to MaxPreps, did it just write over your previous import correctly? Did all the zeros dissapeared and the correct stats were assigned to each player? How exactly did you do your download/imiport? Thanks for your help!
caged1

Post by caged1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Try re-uploading and this time un-checking the "PL" box if the player has no stats (PL=indicates if player played). However, if the player has offensive stats make sure you keep that check mark next to his/her name even if they don't have any defensive stats. In other words, if QB is listed as having played under the defensive stats even though there is nothing but blanks, keep it checked since he does have passing stats on the previous page. If a player has no stats under any category than un-check the PL box (think it's on by default).

Mine was messed up too but after a couple of hours after I re-uploaded, it looked fine. No players with zero stats and all totals matched what I had in Iscore. For whatever reason, it takes awhile for MaxPreps to re-calculate.

Hope this helps!