Question about how to score plays

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Football, this is probably the best place to start.
tjans

Question about how to score plays

Post by tjans » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:13 am

I'm debating on purchasing this app for Strat-O-Matic football. One of the things I find annoying with the manual calculating of stats is manually counting how many yards to move my game marker after a given play. I saw that iScore lets you drag the player to the right spot...is there a quick button that lets you say just do a +49 or something like that so we don't have to drag manually, or is everything always done via drag.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Question about how to score plays

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 am

You drag the players to their spots when scoring. We don't have a way to type in yardages.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
tjans

Post by tjans » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:28 am

Ok thanks. Potentially an enhancement request...quick buttons for +/- x yards...
tjans

Post by tjans » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 am

Does it track timeouts and time remaining? How do you set the clock?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:39 am

The clock runs in real time and stops when it should automatically (e.g. incomplete pass). For strat-o-matic, not sure how you use the clock when playing football. You can always manually adjust the clock by double tapping it.
tjans

Post by tjans » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:40 am

Ok, I feared that. I might just have to write my own basic HTML5 app then. Thanks much...
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:42 pm

+1 for entering a yardage rather than drag. I would also like to see a totally manual clock control, where I could enter how long the play took myself. This would be for APBA Football, but I imagine that would be good for SoM as well.
tjans

Post by tjans » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 am

Is there a way to completely disable the clock from being live? I'm still thinking I want to try the software, and I think that the clock is the only issue. That way I can use my own clock and use the iScore app for scoring my games.

Strat aside, if you're using this to score a high school football game or something, would you have to start the clock on the iPad app at the same point the kickoff happens? Seems like it'd be difficult to keep it in sync with the real game clock.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:44 am

When scoring live games, the app does a pretty good job at starting / stopping at the appropriate times.

We do not have a way to turn the clock off, but you can ignore the clock. If the clock runs out for a quarter before you are done scoring the quarter, you can continue scoring. If your quarter ends before the clock, you can double tap it to edit it to 0:00 to begin the next period.

For statistics, the actual clock time does not really matter (other than "time of possession"), just the order of plays is important.
tjans

Post by tjans » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:47 am

Ok, that's what I was thinking. When dragging the players across the screen, does it snap to a grid, or is it pixel accurate...it's easier in my head if it's a +32 or something to drag in increments of 10 and then travel the next two yards individually.