archiving old data and staring over?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: archiving old data and staring over?

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Yes, log in to the Admin Website with the new customer ID and password, and then you can register it to the same email address as your old site from there. Then when you log in, you will be able to switch between the two accounts by going to the Accounts tab and clicking on the account you want to view.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:52 am

OK that all seemed to work and I have the games transferred that I wanted to and my new device is registered. Interestingly, I was not able to Log on with my new devices' ID and password using Chrome as my browser but it worked using Internet Explorer. (not sure what is up with that Chrome kept giving me an invalid ID and password message and then showed my old device's customer ID and password. previously I've had issues more with IE.)

One more stupid question and then hopefully I'm done. On my new device on the Options>Admin Website, it still has the password that was set up when I created the website. Do I change that too on the new device to the password I just changed when I went through the registration process on the admin website?

I lied.. one other question. When I score the games I assume I now have to give those wanting to watch online on iscorecast the new customer ID number for my new device?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:19 am

The password on the device is what you would use to log in with that customer ID. The registration email is what you would use to log in with the email address you registered with.

Yes, they will need the customer ID of the device you are scoring from.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:03 am

What happens with exporting and importing from and to my new device now? And do I still want to export, then optimize my data under maintenance and import it back with both my new device and my old device? I haven't done an export yet on my new device. What I don't want is for the old device's unwanted data to show up on my new device. Yet I still want to use the old device to archive the old data as well as possibly sharing the new data with it.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:11 am

When you export from the new device, it will only be sending the data from that device's account to the server, and it is stored in that account.

There is actually rarely a time you would need to use Optimize. What are you using that for on a regular basis?
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:53 pm

I guess that is what I thought I was supposed to do when I started using this program 3 years ago. Export, Optimize and then import back. Never knew exactly why I was supposed to do that. It said it reduced my data size or something. I admit to not doing the optimize and import as much as I used to cause I was getting the impression you didn't need to. However I do have on deleted player that I'd like to get back at least on my old device but don't necessarily need to on either device.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 am

In investigating the deleted player on the team I am following. She shows up listed as DELETED -inactive player on my new device, but on my old device she still shows up listed under her name-inactive. She doesn't show up on the admin website as a deleted player either. She had played in the scrimmages in the fall, but quit the team before the regular season started. Not too worried about it, but just wondered what might have happened to cause that and if anyone needed to know about it.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:18 am

Running the Optimize on the Admin Website actually erases deleted players instead of just leaving them as Deleted. So it sounds like you likely deleted the player, then ran Optimize on the Admin Website which truly removed the player.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:25 pm

That leaves me with two issues.

1. I really don't think I have optimized after I made the player inactive (as I said I wasn't using that feature as much), but I may have.

2. Even if I did, how come I have a whole list of deleted players on the admin website from when I first got the program 3 years ago and made up games to try to learn the program and then deleted the players when I actually started using the program? On the admin website, I am still given the option of undeleting them even though I've optimized a bunch of times since then. As well I can undelete some games on the admin website I scheduled this year on my old device, but then deleted them when we got weathered out.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:28 pm

If you want to do an Export and email us a specific question about your data, we can look at it and tell you what is going on. It is very difficult to give an answer about specific data in the forum without looking at the data. We do the best we can to answer questions generically when possible, but specific data issues require that we look specifically at your data.