Scoring Errors

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
SteHope72

Scoring Errors

Post by SteHope72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

I have trouble scoring errors because it asks for an assist and then it asks who made the error. Sometimes there is no assist. I want to be able to track this stat accurately. I searched through the guide and could not find the proper way to score an error.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Scoring Errors

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:10 am

If there is just an error on the play, you tap the position of the player that made the error.

If there should be an assist on the play (like SS throws to 1B and 1B drops the ball ... thus SS still gets an assist), then you would tap SS followed by 1B. In that case, SS gets an assist and 1B gets an error.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SteHope72

Post by SteHope72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am

What about situations where the SS errs in fielding the ball and then holds it as the runner is safe? Am I scoring the SS to get the assist AND the error? I can't skip the "assist" part of the scoring.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 am

You would just select SS.

There is not an "assist" portion. If there is an assist on the play (very rare), you would tap the player that gets the assist followed by the player that made the error. If there is just an error (which is the case the vast majority of the time), you would just tap the player that made the error.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs