Random Players Player Manager

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rudedog

Random Players Player Manager

Post by rudedog » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:31 pm

I have input my teams roster and now under player manager I see a bunch of random players. Is there a way for these players not to appear and I only see the players I put into the program?

Samsung GS3
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Random Players Player Manager

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:25 pm

iScore would not add random players to your device --- they either had to be entered by you, added using the "Discover" option, or added with Data Sharing. If you use the Quick Roster option, that would also add a full set of players for whatever team you create the quick roster for.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rudedog

Post by rudedog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 pm

I set this up for a girls softball team yet there are male players listed under player manager
Appears to be some MLB players
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:43 pm

If you have the MLB roster subscription and used discover game it would add the players. You can delete any players you do not want.
rudedog

Post by rudedog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:41 pm

I do not have the MLB ad on and I have deleted the players but a day or two later the players are back. Is there some setting that I need to turn off or something?
rudedog

Post by rudedog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:59 pm

:D
Last edited by rudedog on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rudedog

Post by rudedog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:54 pm

I am now in the process of deleting almost 400 unwanted players in player manager......one by one. Very Frustrating. Most of the players are "unnamed team and unnamed players. I need some help!!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:30 pm

As noted, there is no way for players to get on your device without you putting them there. There is no "push" method for us to put players on your device even if we wanted to. It has to originate from an action taken by the iScore user.

Here are the ways players can get on your device:

1. Create a new player on a lineup, roster or in player manager
2. Use the "Discover" functionality to retrieve data from various sources on the internet (either through Team Manager or Game Manager)
3. Use the Refresh button on the Options -> Add Ons screen next to MLB Rosters for those that have a subscription
4. Use Data Sharing to copy a team/game from another device
5. Enter data online on the Admin Website (or use the "Transfer" option from the Admin Website) to transfer data to your account, then do an Options -> Import to retrieve the data
6. Use Quick Roster to create a temporary roster / lineup for a team (creates players like "Player 1", "Player 2", etc.

There is no other way to get a player onto your device. All of the above require doing something from the device itself to add the players. If you have not done any of the above, then maybe someone else used your device and added data.
rudedog

Post by rudedog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks for your help