How does iScore determine screen size?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
PhilB

How does iScore determine screen size?

Post by PhilB » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 pm

My understanding is that if Large screen mode is selected, iScore will either display in large-size or mid-size. What I'd like to know is, how does iScore choose which mode to use? Is it based on resolution, or on screen size?

I currently am running iScore on a Kindle Fire, a 7" tablet, and it displays in mid-size. I'm thinking about getting a new Asus MEMO Pad Smart 10, which is a 10.1 inch tablet with 1280x800 resolution. This is the same resolution as the 7" Nexus 7. I've read that the Nexus 7 displays in mid-size. Should i expect the 10.1" ASUS tablet to display in mid-size (because the same resolution as the Nexus 7), or in large size because it has the larger 10.1" screen?

Thanks,
-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: How does iScore determine screen size?

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:07 pm

There are so many factors involved on Android devices that it is hard to say. We wish it was as simple as screen resolution as that would make things easy. Unfortunately with different resolutions, densities, physical sizes, and the manufacturers reporting things differently, there is not even a simple answer we can give. For example, the Kindle Fire HD and the Google Nexus 7 are the exact same size and exact same screen resolution, yet the manufacturers report different screen sizes.

As long as the Android OS reports the screen size as "xlarge" as noted in this link:

http://developer.android.com/guide/prac ... pport.html

then iScore will give you the largest size resolution. Maybe someone with an Asus 10.1" can report on whether iScore runs in the largest screen mode on that device.

We know for sure that the Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy 10" display the largest size screen as that is what we test with.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
PhilB

Re: How does iScore determine screen size?

Post by PhilB » Wed May 08, 2013 1:01 pm

FTMSupport wrote:Maybe someone with an Asus 10.1" can report on whether iScore runs in the largest screen mode on that device.
I can confirm that the ASUS ME301T (10" Memo Pad) does display the large-size iScore screen.

Regards,
-phil