correct scoring mistake

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
firefight16

correct scoring mistake

Post by firefight16 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Okay I found by going to batting stats I can change where I missed a run, it happen to be the first batter of the game I failed to score her. I can change the run and give her 1 and I can change where I mnissed her SB, but how do I get the score to be right?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: correct scoring mistake

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 am

If you do an Options -> Export and email us at support@iscoresports.com with your customer ID, which game, which inning, and which player, we can see if this is something we can correct for you.

It is important to make sure runners wind up at the correct bases at the end of a play. You can correct how they got to those bases in post game editing, but you can not change the bases they wound up at as it can have a ripple effect on the rest of the game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
firefight16

Post by firefight16 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:40 am

It is okay, it was my first Iscore game, and we where given the other batting order as they started to bat and in a rush I couldn't find how to change names of players as I scrambled to start. Now I know there is no way of going back that far without completely redoing the entire game which I wouldn't consider.
team mom

Post by team mom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:14 pm

It's actually not too difficult to rescore a game. You can do it in about 15-20 minutes.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Opus4210

Post by Opus4210 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 pm

If you go to the starting lineup, you can change any of the names, batting order, position, etc. and then click Done, you will see that all the scoring will adjust accordingly.
DC scorer

Post by DC scorer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 pm

I am amazed by this statement:

"It is important to make sure runners wind up at the correct bases at the end of a play. You can correct how they got to those bases in post game editing, but you can not change the bases they wound up at as it can have a ripple effect on the rest of the game."

Is iScore really that inflexible? Is there really no way to correct when you've scored the runner to the wrong base? The answer can't be that you have to re-score the whole game or ask iScore to fix it for you. (BTW, let's not understate how long it takes to re-score a game. Unless you are a speed demon, it takes an hour or more, not 15-20 minutes.)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 pm

You are responding to a very old thread here (over a year old).

If you are scoring the game and put a runner on the wrong base, you can immediately press Undo and correct that.

Post game you can not change where runners wound up .... as noted, it could have a ripple effect. What if bases were loaded and you decided the runner on first actually made it to third? What do you do with preceding runners? There are an infinite number of cases like this that do make it so if you want to accurately score your game, you need to pay attention to where the runners end up.

You CAN override stats post game, and you can add comments to any play to describe any mistakes you may have made.

You can also edit the score at any time as well (even post game). This used to not be an option back when the original post was made.

For a new scorekeeper with iScore, yes, it will take more than 20 minutes. For anyone that is experienced with iScore, it truly only takes about 20 minutes to rescore a complete game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!