Pulling my hair out (what's left of it) over merge...

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rickjs

Pulling my hair out (what's left of it) over merge...

Post by rickjs » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm pretty sure I somehow screwed-up setting up leagues but that's not the real issue. I have duplicate players of the same player for a team, each with different compilations, and I have tried everything I can think of to merge the stats into one proper compilation of player and team stats. I've set the team to "default" and "other league". I've set each player to the same. I've gone into each game and made sure the game stats showed the same. It doesn't merge even closing and opening the app. It doesn't merge if I export and try to share data to the same device because it thinks (apparently) that I've already got the data and nothing appears under games or teams.

I've tried to search the forums. I see posts that talk about a "merge" button in player and team manager but I can't find it . I'm on Android and that may be important. I found one post from almost two years ago that said something to the effect "there's no merge button in Android but we're getting one soon". I found another post, due to the absence of a merge button, that described an incredibly laborious path of going through pitch by pitch with a changed name player of "deleteme" and making an edit. Or something. Haven't figured that one out and don't want to try it if there is a better solution.

What if I export from my device. Delete the app and start over with a new install and then data share? Or, any other advice to simplify this would be appreciated.

What I don't want to lose...of prime importance....is my Grandson's travel ball individual and team stats. They are correct. It is my favorite college team that is screwed-up (due to not doing leagues correctly, apparently) so by all means I can't lose the kid's travel ball stats trying to merge the college duplicates.

Thanks in advance for good help and advice.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Pulling my hair out (what's left of it) over merge...

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 pm

On Android, the Merge options is in the menu. Go to Player Manager, press the standard Android "Menu" button while on that screen, and you will see an option to Merge.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rickjs

Re: Pulling my hair out (what's left of it) over merge...

Post by rickjs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 am

That worked. Simple once you can find the merge button.

Thanks.