iScore Baseball v4.0 for Android

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
ixamnis

Re: iScore Baseball v4.0 for Android

Post by ixamnis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:51 pm

FWIW, the update today to 4.01.305 seems to have resolved the issues I had with totalling the fielding by position stats. Order of games is still off but that's not as big of deal. Thanks. Will there be an updated legend on our team websites to explain what all these new abreviations stand for??
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Yes, the legend will be updating to point to this:

http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.php?s=baseball2
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:11 pm

In order to get some of the new stats like QAB's I've been told to do a "recalc" on my old games. What would be the quickest way? I've got a 120 some games loaded on my phone. My daughter played on three different teams. I seem to only see the "recalc" show up when I'm in Team manager and have gone into that team's stats. I was going to try just doing the "recalc" for each of her three teams. Logic tells me that would cover all the games played. Am I on the right track here?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Yes, if you go to Team Manager and view stats for the 3 teams that were involved in all the games, and do a Recalc from there, it should cover all your games.

When you first updated, iScore pops up a message asking if you want to update all your games as well. If you said Yes, then all of your stats would have been updated. If you said Later, then you can completely exist out of iScore and restart it, and it will ask you again. If you said No, then a flag was set saying you did not want to be asked again, so the Team Stats Recalc is probably the quickest way.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:20 pm

But I did say yes when I installed the first 4.0 update. It took most of the morning!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

If you have already run through the stats update, then the new stats should be available on your device. The QAB stats would be visible under batting stats.

If you are not seeing the stat, you may want to be sure you are on the most recent update for Android (now at 4.02 as of last night), and try recalculating a single game that you are not seeing the stat for to see if that helps.

If the new stats just are not appearing for you, then if you can do an Options -> Export and email us your customer ID, we can look at your data and see what is going on.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 pm

I've got the 4.02 update. I've recalculated the three teams I kept score for and I still get all zeros under the QAB stats. Do I not have something checked right on the stats. I'll do another export now and I sent you my ID a couple days ago when the fielding positions stats didn't total, but I can do it again.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:45 am

The 4.03 update resolved my QAB stats issue... Thanks!
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Now that my old stats are coming through as expected, I tried to enter a practice game today to get used to the new update. Most of it seems intuitive, but had a couple questions. When you are in options while setting up a new game what is the difference between setting it for basic scorekeeper vs advanced scorekeeper?

When you are in roster and have the option to make lineup public, what's that about? I hit it and it said it sent an e-mail. Who'd it send an email to?

What is the sync button for in line up? I hit it and it said merging data.

Finally when I hit error it gives me the option of assigning an assist first. Can your get an assist when an error is made? I guess I'm thinking that if the ball is grounded to the shortstop and she makes a good throw to the firstbasemen, but first drops the ball and the runner is safe, I would want to note that the ball went to short but the fielding error was on the first baseman. I just wondered if an assist is awarded to short in this case or not? Shouldn't it say who touched the ball before the error was made?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Advanced Scoring allows you to enter throwing vs fielding errors and assists when errors occur (related to your last question).

Making lineup public allows people to use the Discover option to get your roster without requiring them to enter a password (they would still need your customer ID).

Sync is for MLB roster subscribers - it will get the day's lineup for the MLB team.

Yes, the scenario you describe is the exactly scenario. If 1B drops the ball, you would enter SS - 1B when entering the error, and the SS would still be credited with the assist.