Android vs Apple

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
huntermaz

Android vs Apple

Post by huntermaz » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:04 pm

I used an Ipad last year to score games and I am thinking about switching to a 7 inch android tablet(I want something smaller). Are the any features that are in the Apple app that are not in the android app?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Android vs Apple

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm

There are a few, just like there are a few things on the Android app that are not in the Apple version. We try not to list them as over time they will change and go away. We try and keep the two platforms as close as possible, but do not hold up releases to make sure they are exactly the same.

In particular, the 7 inch Android version does not have all the same options because the screen dimensions are generally smaller. So you will only see one team's lineup at a time for example. And you will only see the pitch chart OR pitch by pitch listing on the screen, not both at once.

The iPad Mini kept the same resolution as the original iPad, so that may be an option for you as well if you want a smaller screen. Your iPad version of iScore will install on the iPad Mini without requiring a new purchase of iScore. If you go with an Android tablet, all of your apps that you have on the iPad will have to be purchased again from the Android marketplace.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
huntermaz

Post by huntermaz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:53 am

Are there any screen shots of iscore running on a 7 inch tablet? I understand the ipad mini argument but not sure i want to spend the extra for an ipad mini.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:52 am

Here is a screenshot on the Kindle Fire (which is a 7 inch tablet):

Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 am

here is a thread that was dedicated to Kindle Fire when iscore was first released for it (not sure if it might provide any useful additional information):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
KevTN

Post by KevTN » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I can say this; I had an Android tablet at the begining of last year and did several tournaments with it. UNTIL (argh) it dropped out of its case and died. So I ended up with an Ipad for the rest of last yrs seasons and school ball. I have gone back to android (Nexus 7) a couple of weeks ago and if you can do the ipad you won't have any problems with the Android. Actually I really like the 7 inch much easier to hold and use. I will have to say I hope they give the android platform the new interface the ipad has....it really looks sharp.

Go 7!! LOL you won't go back!
huntermaz

Post by huntermaz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm

After much debate I ending up going with an iPad Mini, baseball doesn't start here for another month but love the weight and size vs the iPad I used last year. Just couldn't move away from IOS.
KevTN

Post by KevTN » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

huntermaz wrote:After much debate I ending up going with an iPad Mini, baseball doesn't start here for another month but love the weight and size vs the iPad I used last year. Just couldn't move away from IOS.
Nothing wrong with that...hope it works out for you...