iScore force closes on Android

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
BuccoDroid

iScore force closes on Android

Post by BuccoDroid » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:29 am

I just installed Android 4.0.3 aka Ice Cream Sandwich on my Rezound. Using iScore 3.51.727. I find that when I open iScore to start a new game that I get a message saying that "iScore has unexpectedly stopped". It gives me a choice of reporting the shutdown or not. If I press the home button on the Rezound I there and am able to restart iScore and all works well.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for your help.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iScore force closes on Android

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 am

This is the first report we have had of anything like this. We do not have a Rezound to test with, but random crashes like this are usually the result of memory leaks or low memory conditions. Be sure you do not have too many other applications running at the same time. Try closing anything you are not using and see if the same thing continues to happen.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am

Same thing started this weekend. Both on Sat and Sun, iScore stopped about 5-6 times on my Nexus 7. Did a complete reboot. Did not resolve the problem. It saved all of the data, but kept stopping. Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Do you have steps to reproduce the issue? We have a Nexus 7 device we can test with if you can give us the steps that led to it stopping in a repeatable way.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:11 pm

There's really nothing special that we're doing. It periodically just crashes and we restart. Save the last entry, but annoying and afraid it'll let us behind. Next time we use it, I'll try to remember exactly what we are doing. Is there any log file I can extract?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm

There is no log file, but when if iScore crashes on an Android device, and you are attached to the internet, it should offer you the option to submit a crash report to Google Play and you can add a note to the crash report.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Unfortunately, never connected to Wi-Fi in the field. So far it's recoverable.
LBWood

Post by LBWood » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 am

I have MILLIONS of them. If you look for me among the crash reports you might find I am the most frequent poster!

It seems to happen mostly when iScore is in the background and I bring it to the foreground. It's annoying, but fortunately there is never data loss.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 am

@LBWood - Why would iScore be in the background while scoring a game? Or are you saying it is in the background and the first time you go to score a game after it has been in the background for several days it is crashing? What kind of device are you using? Are you on the newest release?
jedmunson

Post by jedmunson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Have been having the same lockup issues with iScore, it has happened several times. It is usually when I am trying to input a complicated play, or move runners around on an error, etc. I can go back, but it locks back up when I try to go forward with scoring. Very annoying, I have to go scramble for the paper book. I have tried closing iScore and re-opening, nothing works. When i go back to it after the game, it works just fine. Could be trying to do too much too fast? Another thing, it has only happend during day games.