iScore force closes on Android

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iScore force closes on Android

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:14 pm

We have about a dozen different Android devices we test on. If you can tell us what type of device you have, and steps that can consistently reproduce a crash, we would love to know so we can reproduce it. So far we have not had anyone that has been able to give us anything reproducible which will be the key to identifying and fixing any issues. Anything we can repeat we can fix.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Hansonenator

Post by Hansonenator » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 am

I have a Galaxy SIII and the program crashes on me from time to time just by opening it up.

It will crash pretty frequently if I go into a game and adjust some stats. I added a 'test' game so that I could add a season's worth of stats to that game. While trying to adjust the stats it would crash pretty frequently. No data loss though.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 am

I have a Nexus 7 running 4.10.428 and used this weekend.

It appears that the majority of time it pappens is when the screen changes from portrait mode to Landscape mode. All changes are kept, but typically iScore will make you acknowledge that it as had an error and requires you to acknowledge this about 4 times.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am

Also, unfortunately, seeing terrible (1-2 second lag) sometimes when calling balls, strikes. All other apps are closed. It was not that case in the earlier versions.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 am

We have a Nexus 7 and have tested with it extensively. We have rotated back and forth between portrait and landscape a dozen times (just now) to test if there is an issue with just the rotation, and had no crashes. We did it with a game that was partially scored. Do you get a crash if you open a game and rotate back and forth between landscape and portrait?

We also just entered 80 balls in a row with no significant lag (when the Walk is registered, there may be a 1/2 second delay as the screen is updated to reflect who is now at bat, the runners advancing, updating scoreboard as runners are forced to score, etc).

We are using a Nexus 7 with iScore 4.10.428.

If we go to the Settings app on the device, and select "About Tablet, we get the following information:

Model Number: Nexus 7
Android Version: 4.2.2
Kernel Version: 3.1.10-g05b777c
Build Number: JDQ39
Narcosis

Post by Narcosis » Sun May 05, 2013 7:54 pm

I have a Kindle Fire and iscore has "force stopped" several times when I input a play. It does not lose anything and when I start back it's at the play where it stopped. Also I have added a couple of new teams. One team name starts with "M" and the other team name starts with "G". Both teams are listed at the top alphabetically. The letters A-L are not shown but the teams are. All the other teams are listed in alphabetical order.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Mon May 06, 2013 9:53 am

The lag has been fixed and resolved. There is an issue with the Nexus 7 with some read/write memory scan times. The solution to that is to download and run a program that writes and releases the free memory. I can post the app which does this if others need it, but it made the Nexus 7 run fast like the day I bought it.

I'll try to keep track of the landscape/portrait issue. Maybe the lagging issue caused this as well.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 am

If you have a link to whatever you ran to "write and release free memory", we would like to see it so we have it in our knowledge base to recommend to other users with similar issues if needed.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 am

I used "Forever Gone (SD Card Cleaner)" from Google Play. It looks at tablets as SD cards, which they are, and will Write/Erase the open memory. Unfortunately after ~2 weeks, looks like I'll need to run it again.
Terrible Timmy

Post by Terrible Timmy » Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 am

In support of LBWood and my earlier post this is what happens.

When you close iScore by selecting the back arrow, it asks if you want to exit the scoring screen, which we confirm, and then closes out of it. After all is closed and you select the right icon on the Nexus 7 to show all remaining open windows, the opening page of iScore is still shown. We then right-swipe it to close. Therefore, there might be two occurrences running when there shoud be only one. It might be that iScore is not closing properly.