Questions...

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Berkut

Questions...

Post by Berkut » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 am

Using iScore on my Kindle Fire, couple of questions:

1. How do I turn off the pitch location feature? I don't use it, and it takes up a lot of space.
2. There needs to be a way to edit game data. I went through and created all my sons games, and now I realize they were all created using 9 innings, and I need them to be only 6, but I cannot edit the game itself. Or can I?
3. Need a way to import a roster from a team into a game line up. Again, I enter my sons schedule ahead of time, but I don't get the other teams roster until game time. But once I enter the roster the first time, it doesn't update any already done games. You can send data from a game into a roster, but not the other way around.
4. On the scoring screen, it shows the batting teams pitcher and his pitch count, but not the active pitcher. Since I am doing pitch count, I would like to be able to see the fielding teams pitchers counts, especially since that is the count that is actually changing. The batting teams pitchers counts is not that useful there.
5. What is the correct process for entering this play: Batter hits ground ball to short, who has a fields choice and gets the force out at second, batter gets to first.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
mprusak

Re: Questions...

Post by mprusak » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 am

Welcome to the board:

1. If you tap the Balls / Strikes labels in the upper right corner, it will toggle between the Pitch Location entry screen and the Pitch by Pitch listing... so if you ever need to check pitch by pitch, or just do not use Pitch Locations at all, you can set the display the way you like.
2. You can edit many things in play by play. You can also edit post game stats. You should be able to go into your games and change the innings in the settings area.
3. Cannot do lineup to roster as you suggest. Its actually recommended that games are not created in advance for this and a few other reasons.
4. This has been discussed. If you tap the team name at the top of the screen, it will display that team's lineup on the left if you ever need to check the lineup of the team that is not displayed. By default, iScore will always show the batting team. So, that pitchers stats are 1 tap away.
5. In play -> fielders choice, 6-4, what happened to runner at first? out, second, force out. what happened to batter? held up.

See this thread for more on Fire:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Berkut

Post by Berkut » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:15 am

1. Excellent, thanks.
2. Again, thanks. However, I want to be able to edit a game from the Game Manager screen. Is there any way to do that?
3. Hmmm. Is there some technical reason you could not implement this?
4. Cool - that is good to know. I would suggest however that the more useful interface here is to show the batting teams lineup, with the pitching teams pitching stats - especially since if you need the batting teams pitching info, you can get that from the inning recap easily, while the current pitchers pitching info is NOT available from the inning recap.

Really, the best way to do with would be to show both active pitchers pitching counts at the same time, with the current pitching team pitchers on top.

5. Thanks!

Finally - a new issue - whenever I start a game in landscape mode, then go to sub, when it comes back it is in portrait mode, and will not return to landscape mode on its own. Is the sensor not detecting orientation after a context switch?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 am

2. I guess I'm not clear on what you are asking.
3. When you create a game, you take a snap-shot of your roster to create a lineup. From that point on, the two do not "talk" to each other. Changes made to one do not affect the other. I have suggested a copy roster to lineup before as well, but ultimately decided scheduling games ahead of time isnt as good of an approach anyway. FTM would have to speak to the technical reasons, if any, for why this isnt possible.
4. I think its discussed in the thread link I provided. I dont disagree and think FTM could be convinced as well (reading between the lines)...I dont use Fire, so dont have a preference.

FTM will need to respond to the last point as well.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
richlindell

Post by richlindell » Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

just my 2 cents....

on your question #4 about the pitcher's count showing, on my app it shows the count of the current pitcher, not the batting teams pitcher. if you score a ball or strike and watch the pitch count, it changes. that's my version on my android phone.