Current Stats

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
amysladetanner

Current Stats

Post by amysladetanner » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:26 pm

I am using iscore on a kindle fire. Today I noticed the current stats (after they have batted at least once) were not matching up with the players. For example, one player, who happened to be my son, was two-for-two with two singles and it said 0-for-2 with a strikeout and a groundout. Any idea why? The game stats appear correct, but it was wrong during the game.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Current Stats

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:29 pm

We have occasionally heard that the results of the previous batter are showing when a new batter comes up to bat, but we have been unable to reproduce this issue. If anyone can give us a reproducible case, we would love to hear it so we can get it fixed.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
amysladetanner

Post by amysladetanner » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:44 pm

What do you need to make it a "reproducible case"? In the game today, it appeared the results were one batter ahead, not behind.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 am

If you open the game, and undo back through the game does it show the correct batter info? or incorrect batter info? What about when you start Redoing?

A reproducible case is anything where we can make it happen on purpose and see it on a device here. So far the times that it has been reported, people have not been able to say something like "take a copy of game XYZ, open the scoring screen, enter a walk, and then you will see the batter results being shown are not for the current batter".
amysladetanner

Post by amysladetanner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

I was afraid to undo the game because I didn't want to mess it up (or mess up my stats). Instead, I printed out the scorecards and created a new (fake) game with the same two teams....and the same thing happened...although this time it was showing the previous batter's stats. During the actual game, it was showing the following batters stats. Now here's the really strange part. I mistakenly exited the scoring system in the middle of re-inputting the game. When I hit play to go back in, it corrected itself and showed the right stats. BTW, I appreciate your prompt and helpful replies to all my posts. I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Thank you for the message, but just scoring a game does not help us reproduce the issue. We have scored hundreds of games without seeing the issue, and then occasionally it will happen. We need to identify the step that causes it to happen. If anybody has steps that we can follow to cause this to happen, we should be able to fix it pretty easily.
amysladetanner

Post by amysladetanner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 pm

I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that my son actually had three hits in one game. My kindle just couldn't handle it! :) Sorry I wasn't much help!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Congrats to your son! But we don't think that is it. :)
amysladetanner

Post by amysladetanner » Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 am

Any progress with this issue? It is no longer an occassional problem. It happens on every game I score, although sometimes it corrects itself on their third or fourth at bat.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am

We have not been able to reproduce this consistently. As noted, if anyone can give us steps that can cause this issue to happen, we can certainly get it fixed. We would need a set of steps that makes it so we can reproduce it at will so we can trace the cause.

Is there anything you do that makes it happen every time? Undo a play? redo a play? perform a substitution? make a change to the starting lineup? Exit the application and go back in? Get a phone call while scoring? (we do not expect it to happen with any of these things, but trying to give ideas for what to look for when trying to come up with a way to reproduce the issue).

We score multiple games nearly every day on multiple devices and do not see this issue occurring with our regular use of the application. We have also tried to intentionally make it happen with some of the things mentioned above, and it does not seem to occur.