Change batting order after game begins

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
tpwaling

Change batting order after game begins

Post by tpwaling » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 pm

I have seen some videos on using iScore that indicates that the batting order can be created or modified during game play. I do not get the lineup prior to the game and need to add the players as they come to bat. I am unable to do this without going all the way out and going in to team manager. Is there a way to change the batting order during play without leaving the "play" screen or game?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Change batting order after game begins

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm

While in the main scoring screen, tap the "Misc" button, then the "Show Starting Lineup" option. This is the same whether on Android or iOS devices. You can rearrange the starting lineup from there. These screens just appear over the "play" screen... you never actually leave the scoring screen.

(NOTE: On some lower resolution Android screens, when you press the Misc button, you may have to "flick" the list to scroll the options available to see the "Show Starting Lineup" item as it is at the bottom of the list of options.)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rsol68

Post by rsol68 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm

In the last game, a player was injured during the game. He was batting 4th. When he was ready to play, he was changed to batter 11. When I changed the starting lineup, ALL the stats changed and names were off by one. What is the correct way to do this, if the batting order changes AFTER the team has batted.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:43 pm

The batter never should change lineup position. We have never heard of a rule that would allow this. Normally you would use skip batter when that player comes to the plate and you are given the option to count it as an out or not. If the player comes back in it would be in the same lineup position. You could sub someone else into his spot and then sub him into the eleventh spot (though again have not heard of rules allowing this).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rsol68

Post by rsol68 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for the response!