Supported Android Devices

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Supported Android Devices

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:09 am

We have already released a tablet version and it is based on 7" or 10"+ screen sizes. Anything smaller will use the "phone" UI as pixel resolution does not actually give more screen space.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cobra coach

Post by cobra coach » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:37 am

Used it to on Google Nexus 7 tablet. I could only use it after games due to me not being used to iscore. But it worked fine scoring games after. I just need to get the score card to go to iscore central. I can email them fine but they will not show up on iscore central.
Just shows
"An error shows up on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact person who created PDF document to correct the problem."
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 am

Try emailing yourself the Game Stats and it should store a copy of the PDF on iScore Central. If it is not working, please email us your customer ID (found on Options screen) to support@iscoresports.com and let us know which game you are trying to view the PDF for.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:13 am

Sounds like a PDF reader / google nexus setting issue if the pdf link is showing up on iscorecentral. (perhaps option export and re emailing the PDF will reset, but would not be surprised if a PDF viewer issue on the device, be sure android op system up to date)
pdavis022

Post by pdavis022 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 pm

I've used both Acer Iconia A100 (7" android 4.0 tablet) and Acer Iconia A200 (10" android 4.0 tablet) and the software works flawlessly on both.
CabDriver

Post by CabDriver » Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 am

I just finished scoring my first game with my Hisense Sero 7 Pro Android tablet. The program worked beautifully. The only flaw I encountered was that the lineup panel showed only the first seven and a fraction players in portrait. All 9 players are visible in landscape. The issue is excessive line spacing in portrait.
jlondon81

Post by jlondon81 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:16 pm

I just got a Kindle Fire HD 7" as a gift and downloaded iScore to it. I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I saw that the UI is the same as the one I have on my iPhone. I guess I kind of expected it to be similar to that on the iPad with the landscape viewing and display, especially with the larger screen than the iPhone. I want to say I saw a version on Amazon that had a UI similar to the iPad but that was maybe for the 8.9 Kindle Fire? I'm a bit confused, but certainly no less pleased with the product. I will be using iScore just as diligently on my Kindle as I do on my iPhone. (Perhaps an iPad style display for the 7" Kindle Fire HD could be a future update?)

Joel
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:27 pm

The Kindle Fire HD 7" does have a UI that is different than the phone. It is between a phone and a large tablet device.

If you are seeing the "phone style" UI, go to the Option screen, and be sure to select the "Large" setting for screen size.
jlondon81

Post by jlondon81 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:25 am

@FTMSupport

Forgive me, but I'm not seeing such an option on my Kindle. In iScore, I go to Options, but I don't see a place to change the screen size to "large". The little menu button on the bottom is there, but it does not seem to do anything or pull up an menu.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:32 am

Sorry, you are correct. With the Kindle Fire HD (specifically the HD), we had to make it show only the "phone mode" scoring screen. The standard Kindle Fire has a great tablet-style screen in iScore.

Unfortunately, Amazon changed things too much on the Kindle Fire HD size screen, and it caused a lot of crashes / problems when we tried to show the tablet size screen. For example, they made the main menu appear down the right hand side in Landscape mode instead of across the bottom the way all other Android devices do. This throws the screen formatting off. They also report the size of the device incorrectly which throws several of the screen formatting items off.

Unfortunately with the HD, only the "phone layout" was possible.

If Amazon would start following Android standards with their devices instead of trying to create their own custom experience, then we would be able to fully support the tablet device. Maybe a future update by Amazon of the Kindle Fire HD will make it more Android compliant and we will be able to offer the tablet layout on that device as well.