Pitcher of record

If you have any rules related questions, please ask in this forum. In general, enforcement of rules is up to the Umpire of the game and iScore does not specifically enforce them, but we want to make sure we score within them. Ask here, and experts can chime in.
jlondon81

Pitcher of record

Post by jlondon81 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:53 am

Greetings! I am filling in missing games in my Atlanta Braves season scoring and came upon their game on 5/29, home vs Toronto. This was a 3-0 loss for Atlanta, with all three runs scored by the Blue Jays in the first two innings. Toronto starter Esmil Rogers pitched 3.2 innings before being relieved, and of course did not surrender the lead. However, his relief, Juan Perez, was charged with the win. I'm a little hazy on the rule here, but I'm curious as to why Regers was not charged with the win as he started and his team gave him a lead. Is it because he pitched fewer than 5 innings?

From MLB: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... p&c_id=tor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!
Joel
Mustang79

Re: Pitcher of record

Post by Mustang79 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:10 am

Pitchers must pitch 5 complete innings in a 9 inning game in order to get the win.