unique softball rule?

If you have any rules related questions, please ask in this forum. In general, enforcement of rules is up to the Umpire of the game and iScore does not specifically enforce them, but we want to make sure we score within them. Ask here, and experts can chime in.
stavale8099

unique softball rule?

Post by stavale8099 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 am

I have a unique rule in my co-ed softball league in which a guy (if followed by a female batter) may take 2 bases if he is walked. How do I account for the RBIs he may get if the bases are loaded or if there is someone on 2nd and 3rd? It seems that I can only get him to take 1 base on the program and if I try to get him to take another base I have to choose reason ‘insert option given’ and the RBI is either not credited to anyone or it is given to the next batter which is AB.
Thanks!!!
mprusak

Re: unique softball rule?

Post by mprusak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:06 am

There would be no way for the app to automatically account for this. I would walk him as normal, and move each runner up a base using Held Up. Then manually adjust the RBI totals in the stats post game (+1 RBI) for this player. You could use notes to make a reminder.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
stavale8099

Re: unique softball rule?

Post by stavale8099 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:50 am

Great I appreciate the reply!