No action (answered)

If you have any rules related questions, please ask in this forum. In general, enforcement of rules is up to the Umpire of the game and iScore does not specifically enforce them, but we want to make sure we score within them. Ask here, and experts can chime in.
Softballmom2004

No action (answered)

Post by Softballmom2004 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:04 pm

I recently had a scoring issue happen multiple times and was curious what others would do. Player fields ball clean but does not perform an action for the out. Here's the three examples:
SS fields ball does not throw to first
Catcher fields bunt doesnt throw to first
First base comes in on bunt, checks home then checks first doesn't make throw
The only situation i can ask mindset after the fact is last as its my kid. She said she didnt trust catcher to make the tag and thought she would have time to make throw to first but was wrong. Since the other two situations happened prior with me not charging errors on those I didn't charge errors as I felt they were possible mental errors I didn't charge on the last.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: No action

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 29, 2017 8:16 pm

A non-throw is never an error. Mental mistakes are not errors. They are either base hits or fielder's choice. If you believe with normal effort the batter could have been thrown out at first, then you would enter it as a fielder's choice (they chose not to throw the ball even though an out could have been made). If you feel the runner would not have been thrown out at first with normal effort, then they would be entered as hits.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Softballmom2004

Re: No action

Post by Softballmom2004 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:37 pm

ok thank you for the fielders choice scenario, honestly never thought of it that way.