Earned runs and RBI's

If you have any rules related questions, please ask in this forum. In general, enforcement of rules is up to the Umpire of the game and iScore does not specifically enforce them, but we want to make sure we score within them. Ask here, and experts can chime in.
ixamnis

Earned runs and RBI's

Post by ixamnis » Tue May 12, 2015 8:35 am

Batter 1 Flies out to 8
Batter 2 single remains on first
Batter 3 walks, runners on first and second.
Batter 4 reaches base on error by left fielder (should have caught the line drive), runners from first and second score on same error, batter ends up at second.
Batter 5 pops out to 4, runner remains on second
Batter 6 hits home run, scores two runs
Batter 7 flies out to 5

Batter 6 is credited with 2 RBI's, but should batter 4 also have 2 RBI's? iscore says so.

How many runs are earned?
PetroGuy

Re: Earned runs and RBI's

Post by PetroGuy » Tue May 12, 2015 11:13 am

Batter 4 should not show 2 RBIs unless you selected 'Advanced by Batter' when you advanced batters 2 & 4 to home. If you advanced them to home using 'Same error', then there should be no RBIs. This should also keep them from being counted as earned runs.

I don't see any earned runs in this.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ixamnis

Re: Earned runs and RBI's

Post by ixamnis » Tue May 12, 2015 6:11 pm

Yes, I must have used "advanced by batter" instead of "same error". I was able to go back to the Pitch by pitch and although it didn't give me "same error" as an option I just used "error" and assigned fielding error to the left fielder and it still had only one error assigned to the left fielder in the final stats and the rbi's went away as did the earned runs. I am just a little amazed that iscore is able to sort that out, because I don't always see "same error" as an option and worry that I am going to end up with too many errors assigned to one player if I use the error button again. (plus it is time consuming to have to reassign the error.) I assume it works out ok because it would be hard for one player to make 3 fielding errors on one play. However they could possibly make a fielding error and a throwing error on one play.