Substitution question

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
BuckeyeGuy

Substitution question

Post by BuckeyeGuy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I was scoring a minor league game yesterday, and did not have the full rosters entered. I got the lineups in before the game, but when we got to the later innings I was having difficulty adding and subbing relief pitchers. First I tried exiting the game, going to the team roster, adding the new pitcher, and going back to the game. When trying to sub, the new player did not appear in the roster. I then used the menu to get to the starting lineups, added a new player, brought in my newly created player, then changed his position to P, and removed the P from the starter. What that got me was iScore thinking that the relief pitcher pitched the whole game.

Bottom line is that I do not know how to sub a player that was not on the roster at the beginning of the game. I watched the video on how to sub, and I did that part. Just not sure why it's showing the weirdness for the pitchers? I'm sure it's operator error, and I could use some input. Thanks!

Ray
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Substitution question

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:21 am

If the player you want to sub in is not in the lineup, you would first go to Misc -> Show Starting Lineup and add them there with Batting=NO and no fielding position. This makes them available as a sub. Then tap the pitcher position in the field and it will list all the players, and you will be able to select your new pitcher as a sub.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
BuckeyeGuy

Re: Substitution question

Post by BuckeyeGuy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:14 am

Ah, it was an order of entry issue. I thought it might be, thanks!

Ray