Error that shouldn't have been possible?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rvangundy

Error that shouldn't have been possible?

Post by rvangundy » Sat May 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi,

Here is the situation: The batter hit a line a drive to the 2nd basemen, who should have caught the ball but dropped it. He picked it up in time to get the runner and made a good throw to first, but the 1st basemen dropped the throw and the runner was safe.

So.... Is this an error charged to the 2nd basemen, because if he had fielded the line drive properly the runner would have been out? Or is it charged to the 1st basemen, as it was his error that allowed the runner to be safe?
mprusak

Re: Error that shouldn't have been possible?

Post by mprusak » Sat May 17, 2014 7:47 pm

E3.

If catch is made runner is out.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
KevTN

Post by KevTN » Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 am

While the ball should have been caught it was not. 2nd baseman still made the play to first on time to get the out but 1st baseman dropped the ball. I would charge fielding error to1st base as if they caught the ball an out would been made.
ETBill

Post by ETBill » Tue May 20, 2014 9:26 pm

KevTN wrote:While the ball should have been caught it was not. 2nd baseman still made the play to first on time to get the out but 1st baseman dropped the ball. I would charge fielding error to1st base as if they caught the ball an out would been made.
And I think 2B should get an assist (iScore handles this automatically if you score it Error, 4-3). OBR 10.10(a)(1)
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed May 21, 2014 5:40 am

ETBill wrote:
KevTN wrote:While the ball should have been caught it was not. 2nd baseman still made the play to first on time to get the out but 1st baseman dropped the ball. I would charge fielding error to1st base as if they caught the ball an out would been made.
And I think 2B should get an assist (iScore handles this automatically if you score it Error, 4-3). OBR 10.10(a)(1)
Agreed.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!