SB credit for double-steal

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rvangundy

SB credit for double-steal

Post by rvangundy » Sat May 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this is a basic question, but I've just started scoring and I'm not quite sure.

The runners on 1st and 2nd attempt a double-steal. The catcher throws to 3rd and the runner is save. Do both runners receive credit for a stolen base? Or is it scored a stolen base only for the runner the catcher attempted to throw out, and an "on the throw" advancement for the other runner? Thanks.
mprusak

Re: SB credit for double-steal

Post by mprusak » Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Both get credit for sb.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
ETBill

Post by ETBill » Tue May 20, 2014 9:17 pm

I've always used "On the throw" (and have seen it used) as a type of FC in cases where an advance was solely because of a throw to get another batter out. For instance, runner on 2nd and batter hits a single. Runner from 2nd rounds 3rd and heads home drawing a throw. Batter makes it to second only because of the throw to the plate.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed May 21, 2014 5:42 am

ETBill wrote:I've always used "On the throw" (and have seen it used) as a type of FC in cases where an advance was solely because of a throw to get another batter out. For instance, runner on 2nd and batter hits a single. Runner from 2nd rounds 3rd and heads home drawing a throw. Batter makes it to second only because of the throw to the plate.
That is correct use of "On the Throw".

However, in the scenario that the OP asked about, both runners get a SB.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!