Double Switch

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Fordfan699

Double Switch

Post by Fordfan699 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 am

How do you record a double switch by the defense? I was scoring the Braves-Cardinals game last night and the Cards made a double switch & for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to do it quickly in iScore. What's the proper procedure?
mprusak

Re: Double Switch

Post by mprusak » Wed May 07, 2014 11:12 am

I've never done it, and only score little league where you have free substitution and all bat, but I'll take a stab at this anyway.

Offensive and defensive substitutions are made independently of each other. So, you would simply make the defensive substitutions for the two players. Then, when the new players come to bat (or anytime before), you can substitute them accordingly on the offensive side.

See this link for more info:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/#h.l4oftesdro7a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 am

I'll take a stab at it, I assume you are using an iPad.

Let's say the Cards did a double switch with the 3rd baseman and the pitcher. When the Cards are on the field, you tap on the 3rd baseman and the substitution box comes up. Put in the new third baseman from the roster list but before you tap "save", tap on the pitcher's spot and put in the new pitcher.

Then, before you tap "save" again, tap on the "offense" button in the top middle. Then, you can put in the pitcher where the 3rd baseman was batting and the 3rd baseman where the pitcher was batting. The two will switch in the order.

I hope that made sense.

Tony
ETBill

Post by ETBill » Sat May 10, 2014 11:51 am

Afjb wrote:I'll take a stab at it, I assume you are using an iPad.

Let's say the Cards did a double switch with the 3rd baseman and the pitcher. When the Cards are on the field, you tap on the 3rd baseman and the substitution box comes up. Put in the new third baseman from the roster list but before you tap "save", tap on the pitcher's spot and put in the new pitcher.

Then, before you tap "save" again, tap on the "offense" button in the top middle. Then, you can put in the pitcher where the 3rd baseman was batting and the 3rd baseman where the pitcher was batting. The two will switch in the order.

I hope that made sense.

Tony
This is what I do, too. I think the answer from FTM would be "You don't enter a double switch". iScore is intended to be "score what you see", and in many leagues you don't know there's been a double switch until that team is batting again. Now, I normally score MiLB games so it's pretty obvious when there is one and I record it as such, but the way iScore is designed it's not necessary.
Fordfan699

Post by Fordfan699 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks for the info. Makes sense.