how to score coaching errors

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
frubarth

how to score coaching errors

Post by frubarth » Wed May 07, 2014 7:52 am

I would like to score coaching mistakes.

Does anybody know how to do this or have any ideas.

I know that I can write a note, but wanted to do something like EC (for Error Coach) or EC3 (Error Coach 3rd base) in this way I could come up with a statistic to track performance.

initially, I want to score coaching mistakes based mostly on base runner (offense).
as a couple of examples;
1) waving a player on, and getting caught for an out
- maybe this is on a passed ball or trying to stretch a base hit
2) sending a player on a fly ball instead of tagging and causing an out
3) basically situations that result in an out that the coach(s) caused.

I realize this is subjective.
rockportjack

Re: how to score coaching errors

Post by rockportjack » Wed May 07, 2014 8:21 am

Interesting suggestion. I can't think of a way to create a statistic on this one, but it would also be interesting to throw umpiring bad calls into the mix. However, that would be difficult, as most of the bad calls are on balls and strikes. Cheers,
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: how to score coaching errors

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 07, 2014 8:30 am

Both "coaching mistakes" and "bad calls" are likely going to remain something you would enter as notes which you can review in play by play data if you would like to track them. As you noted, they are very subjective, and not sure coaches or umpires would appreciate the scorekeeper "tracking" these things. We would like to keep both coaches and umpires happy with iScore so they don't put a ban on using it at games. :)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs