Runner Advancing Question

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rockportjack

Runner Advancing Question

Post by rockportjack » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Runners on 1st and 2nd, none or one out....Batter hits a fly to an outfielder who catches it. After "out" "flyout" "done" iScore asks what happened to the runner at 2nd. If the answer is "held up" iScore proceeds to ask what happened to the runner at 1st. The answer to the last question is obvious if the runner ahead of him "held up" . I suggest a change in the program to avoid the question of what happened to a runner on a base behind a runner who "holds up" The same thing obtains if runners are on 2nd and 3rd; if the runner on 3rd "holds up" on a fly ball, it's obvious that the runner on 2nd did the same. Why ask? I have set my program to "advanced" scoring and these questions are still asked.
coop85

Re: Runner Advancing Question

Post by coop85 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm

What if the runner on first was tagged out or doubled up?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm

You can set to minimize questions in settings if you don't want to be asked. However, it's NOT obvious. Runner at first could have been out at first.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
rockportjack

Post by rockportjack » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 am

Minimizing questions does not stop this one. And yes, it is possible for the trailing runner to be doubled up by the outfielder throwing behind him. But that is highly unlikely, and could be handled with a second series of taps....picked off, 9 to 3, or picked off 8 to 4. I still believe that the question of what happened to the trailing runner is superfluous. Cheers!