Substitutions

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
markin

Substitutions

Post by markin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:13 am

I've often had this happen: left fielder is substituted in the bottom of the 4th inning. I marked the field substitution right away. The substitute player did not bat until the fifth inning and when she got up to the plate I marked the substitution accordingly. However, on the scorecard, the substitution shows as in the fifth inning. How do I reflect that plays made in the field in the fourth inning were by the substitute player? Looking at the scorecard you would think it is the starting player.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Substitutions

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:59 am

If you have made the defensive substitution, then the defensive statistics will all be correct from that point forward. If you know the player is also subbing into a spot on offense, you can make that substitution at any time, you do not have to wait for the batter to come up. But if you do not know what batting spot he is going into, then you would just score exactly as you did, and the statistics at the end of game should be correct.

If you are asking why the scorecard shows the player came in in the 5th inning instead of the 4th, it is because offensive substitutions drive when a player is added to the scorecard. You can look at the play by play or stats to see the correct information on the defensive players however.

If you would like to have the scorecard reflect the player coming in in the 4th inning, you can do a post game edit and make the offensive substitution in the 4th inning as well. The following link tells how to do post game substitutions:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _edits.php
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs