Forced 3d out with runner heading home

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
MalloryCaldwell

Forced 3d out with runner heading home

Post by MalloryCaldwell » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Here is my situation. Bases loaded. Two outs.

Batter puts ball in play to a fielders choice throw to second. The runner advancing from 1st to 2d is out, for the 3d out.

When I try to score, I hit "hits single" on "fielder's choice". [It seems to me that I canNOT record the batter as out].

The next question is what happened to the runner from 3d. He was not out? I tried that he was safe at home . . . ultimately following with forced out at 2d (but this leaves the runner to home as "scored" -- which is not correct).

I tried that he was held up at third (ball out of play) . . . but that then doesn't score correctly either b/c I cannot mark the runner from first to second as out at second . . ..

And so it goes.

What is the proper way to score this one?

M
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Forced 3d out with runner heading home

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:56 pm

To enter a Fielder's Choice, you would tap In Play, Fielder's Choice (it is not a single), and you can then select the runner being out at second on the play.

For the runner on third, you would enter Safe, Home, Run Not Scored (this is the option you would tap when a runner is forced home but does not actually score because one of the other runners made the third out).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs